Successfully using AudioStream with both iPhone and iPad

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@SKOM 

no I believe Sonnet 2 processors and AudioStream can only be connected and functional with one device at a time

@SKOM@Mary Beth

AudioStream will only work properly if there is only the one device being used with its Bluetooth turned on.  Having both the phone and tablet with Bluetooth turned on prevented my placing a iPhone call. Both devices have the AudioKey 2 app installed.  
The reception was extremely spotty to being impossible so I hung up and checked my iPad to find that the Bluetooth was still on from when I had used it the day before. I turned BT off on the iPad and then made my phone call with no issues.  
AudioStream will work on one device and stream both Sonnets, if both are connected to AudioStream.  
I am going through Mary Beth’s wonderfully detailed explanation to see where I might be doing something differently than the MedEl instructions.  I am not going to change anything if I do find differences because it’s working almost perfectly for me and  I am so afraid of changing anything and having problems. 😄

The only times I have noticed connection  problems is when I turn off my phone and go use my iPad.  I go into listening settings of AudioKey 2 and connect both Sonnets.  There have been times I have had to do that twice.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Karen T

I would not change anything you are doing.  If I was switching AudioStream between iPhone and iPad, I would follow your directions above!  Smile

I move between iPad and iPhone 12 Pro Max with my AudioStream.  Generally, I keep it connected to the iPad via Accessibility menu.  If it’s been more than a day I’ll turn off BT entirely, make sure CI is off.  Go to Accessibility menu, click on BT, wait a couple seconds and turn on the CI right next to the iPad.  And it connects.

When/If I decide to use it with the phone (like this morning), I turn off BT on the iPad cause the two will fight over the connection nonstop.  Repeat the same process on iPhone in Accessibility menu as I do with iPad and am good to go.  No needs for any apps.  Only annoyance is the thumping sound when playing something whether it’s a video, tutorial app, music, etc… wished they would get rid of it.  And as usual the same gripe not being able to connect both HA and CI to iPhones while Androids can and no word on if Apple will get around to enabling the ability for folks.

• HearPeers Heroes

@John F

I am glad you can move between your iPad and iPhone .  I also wonder if Apple will introduce a way to stream simultaneously to two separate types of hearing devices.  The android phones that feature dual audio to separate kinds of hearing devices stream in mono (same audio to both devices).

Question (apologies with topic placement)

Using sonnet2 eas with audiostream cap on.

So this is just for walking around ordinarily. My idea of the sonnet hybrid is blue tooth plus microphones on processor. So the mics are on the processor wirh the audiostream cap. Does the audio stream cap interfere with the mics? Lets say im also listening to music on my phone can i walk around hearing both? No interference so i can hear a car behind me while listening to music?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

You will hear the environment sounds and the streamed audio both.  AudioStream mixes the two equally 50/50.

if you want the streamed audio to be louder, you can use volume up on your phone.

Funny note tomorrow i get activated on my birthday lol, so all those gates you say your dob to get through gates and offices at the clinics lol

I’m still finding my bilateral Audiostreams very glitchy, particularly on first use of the day. Phone calls often awkward at start because connection delayed. Have tried all suggestions I’ve read on this forum. 

It’s really disappointing that MEDEL hasn’t yet stepped up and proactively communicated with users about these issues, let alone solve them. 

Hi all, activated yesterday, wonderous listening today. I was activated and given some mechanical instructions. Hope to read about and get autostream going soon. Still unpacking lol. Funny, yes so excited to get going but this morning just enjoying the humming birds.

• Like 2