HearPeers how to

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I need your help please.  I am making a how to navigate and use our HearPeers forum.

I am including…

topics

search feature

start a new topic

reply to a topic

tag members 

view modes

following a topic

add a picture

What else would’ve been helpful to you?

@Mary Beth Maybe: Messages, Activity Stream, and editing profiles. And possibly... Knowing in advanced that the site can save a post-in-progress would have saved me a heart attack when I was typing something up and my browser crashed on me. 

The only issue I've had with HearPeers has been uncertainty (100% on my part) on the appropriate topics to post to due to being new to the experience and not always knowing what I need to ask based on what I'm experiencing.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Please never hesitate to post even if you are not sure exactly what you want to ask.  Just go to GENERAL and start typing.  Smile

We are quite flexible.

This forum is great because so many different people, with different experiences, who are at different points of their CI journeys post.

Hi, 

I struggle with new software and such, but i felt welcomed, and received a lot of support and info.  It kept me busy, and assisted in my brand selection. I am overwhelmed with the numbers of ci recipients to date and marvel at the experiences of others. Its really helping during this time of uncertainty awaiting activation.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Awaiting activation…. A very interesting period isn’t it?  Made my mind wander all over.  I busied myself by downloading and bookmarking aural rehab apps and websites.  Smile.  And reading everything I could about my soon to be processor.

How are you feeling?

Pretty good i think. Stressed cuz still tired, cant really research too much more lol makes my eyes tired. Head still little sensitive but no need for tylenol. Starting to find the same articles to read.

• HearPeers Heroes

Take it as easy as you can @Dianna. Once you are activated the real fun begins!

4 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Take it as easy as you can @Dianna. Once you are activated the real fun begins!

Hope all is up to date on sonnet 2 eas, i dont find the level 3 something you all were discussing earlier this year

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

my favorite rehab apps/websites

And there are many other helpful links on your REHAB topic.  Click top left repeatedly until you are back to the main home page.  Then scroll down and click on REHAB

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 11:00 PM, Mary Beth said:

I need your help please.  I am making a how to navigate and use our HearPeers forum.

I am including…

topics

search feature

start a new topic

reply to a topic

tag members 

view modes

following a topic

add a picture

What else would’ve been helpful to you?

Hi Mary Beth

Encourage people to fill In their profile. Including what phone they have. I notice you say you have a cochlear implant. True but ?

I must go and check mine. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

I am sorry but I do not understand your post.

The profile information displays differently on my iPhone and iPad.  It displays much more information on my iPad. @MED-EL Moderator it would be helpful if the information that displays at the bottom of each post automatically on the tablet version of the forum also displayed automatically on the phone version of the forum.

419B0C9F-37DD-465F-9DA8-A6F4DA471216.jpeg

43589EE3-AF92-41DF-9757-2C16A0CA1E6C.jpeg

Hi @Mary Beth, thanks for tagging us and thanks for the feedback! 

We'll forward your input to the forum development team. 

Thank you and best wishes, 

Verena