Rondo 3 - clicking noise

SarahH

Hello- I’m a new CI/Rondo 3 user. I have noticed that my Rondo 3 randomly makes a click noise- nothing actually changes (eg settings) it’s just… well… a little annoying. Have mentioned it to my Med-el rep but since then my appointments have been cancelled due to COVID restrictions so have yet to get a response …. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen? Seems to happen more when the audio link is Bluetooth connected but not actively listening to anything.

TIA

Sarah

• HearPeers Heroes

@SarahH

hmmm….  If you find it NEVER happens when your AudioLink is not turned on, then it would seem to be related to the AudioLink & Rondo 3.  

Possibly a sound from your phone or the receiver in the Rondo 3 connecting/reconnecting to AudioLink.

I have not read anything about this yet but I will keep an eye out.

@SarahH 

Hi Sarah. I'm also a new CI / Rondo 3 user, for about 2 weeks now. I haven't noticed any "click noise". Perhaps we are hearing all sorts of sounds around us something that we are not aware of. I'll pay more attention to it when using my AudioLink via Bluetooth, if there's anything, I'll let you know. 

Take care.

Charlie  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

AudioLink via bluetooth will occasionally create some clicking noise depending on the sound source on your phone.  Switching to the 2.5mm jack on the AudioLink will usually avoid this if you don't mind using a cable.

• 2 weeks later...

I never noticed that when using AudioLink. But I notice this when I use the Audio2Ear app; it does a lot of clicking, which can be kind of annoying. 

I hope that you can get that figured out soon.