Audiostream quietness on android phones

Kim

I have found  that if I just pair my audiostream to  audiokey and my phone Bluetooth  it is very quiet and  frustrating to hear  on the telephone. 

However  if I  calibrate it on audio key then pair with Bluetooth on my phone  it is as clear and loud  as with a cable.

Has anyone else found this?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim  intetesting

@Kylie Have you found a difference on volume setting with your AudioStream when you

1) just connect it via BT

versus

2) configuring it first in AudioKey2 app??

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie

The AudioKey2 app makes configuring AudioStream difficult because they still have not changed the opening screen from before AudioStream was released.

With Sonnet 1:

1) Open  AudioKey 2 app.  

2) Select CANCEL from the two choices

3) Go to the top left menu (just ignore the screen about no processors being connected)

4) Select connectivity options 

5) Select AudioStream 

6) Select configuration 

7) Choose either left or right

8).  Follow the prompts

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim may know better for android phones.

On iPhones it is under hearing devices (accessibility)

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Kim. I can connect via Bluetooth as before too.

Now what settings can I actually change? I can't work out what the app can do for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kylie - the app is ONLY needed one time to configure the AudioStream.

Do you notice a difference in your AudioStream loudness now that you did the one time configuration through AudioKey2?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

two volume controls

1) device volume 

2) processor volume 

Some android phone users find AudioStream too quiet and use a free volume booster app @Kylie has experience with that

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't  the one time configuration  I  find  I have to configure it  each time to get the loud volume 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim

I believe @Kylieis getting consistent loud volume on android by using a free volume booster app in the background set at 130% volume

• HearPeers Heroes

This is the app I have been using. There are many like this if you don't like this one in particular.

Screenshot_20210926-094345.png

4 hours ago, Kylie said:

This is the app I have been using. There are many like this if you don't like this one in particular.

Screenshot_20210926-094345.png

Thanks  😁

• 5 months later...

Hi, i discovered last night while watching tv, wearing audiostream, i was also playing a game on my phone, having phone volume way down (dont like game sounds) when i closed the game, voila, sound came up for room sounds and tv. Checking into this sound booster today

Im having sound clarity issues currently, im changing out some different pieces today to rule out mechanical

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

It may be helpful to disassemble your Sonnet 2…,

DL-coil-  remove cover and ensure the magnet is locked into the + or - location and not still in the center spot 

reattach cover.  Place just the DL-coil on your head and rotate to the 10:00 and 2:00 positions while attached a couple of times to ensure the internal magnet is aligned

cable- separate from DL coil and Sonnet 2.  check the cable for any kinks or fraying (If you have a spare new cable think about replacing it).  Reattach.

Sonnet 2 battery pack or rechargeable battery adapter- remove.  Using a small amount of alcohol on a qtip, clean all battery contacts per Med-El’s YouTube video.  Let dry completely.  Reattach.

Sonnet 2- check the tiny black rubber ring on the Sonnet 2.  Is it torn?  If yes, replace.  (I had to order those from Med-El so I purchased a few extra ones.)

Sonnet 2 battery cover- is it fitting tightly?  It loosens up over time and needs to be replaced.  

Hopefully when you complete these steps, all sounds great again.

If not…   Have you asked your audiologist to turn off the auto off feature of the DL coil (link monitoring)?  I did because it was causing problems with intermittent decreased volume.

Keep us posted.  Sorry this is happening.

I do find the Sonnet/Sonnet2 processor design presents more issues than the previous OPUS2 design.  I hope Med-El is going to offer a different BTE design next that has less issues.

• Like 2

Thank you so much mb! Im going to do all that, got out my stuff then family called and coming over lol.

Ive installed the booster software and playing with it

1 minute ago, Dianna said:

Thank you so much mb! Im going to do all that, got out my stuff then family called and coming over lol.

Ive installed the booster software and playing with it

Im getting more words, weird thiugh sounds almost like old am radio 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

have you recently changed your sonnet 2 mic cover?  And also check that area of the Sonnet 2 for any cracks.