Does the Samba 2 Go stream music in stereo?

ann_onymous

Real stereo, with a separate right and left channel for the correct ear. Obviously only for bilateral recipients!

I can't find anything saying if it does or not, just stuff for AudioLink and and AudioStream for CI users. So I guess maybe it doesn't? But if someone knows for sure that would be nice to know.

• HearPeers Heroes

@ann_onymous

I believe Samba 2 Go delivers a blended mono audio signal so bilateral Samba users would hear the same audio on both sides.  But let’s tag @MED-EL Moderatorto find out for sure.

EDITED:  Thankfully I was incorrect.  Read Verena’s response below.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ann_onymous, I am very sorry for the late reply. 

Our product experts have the following reply for you: SAMBA 2 GO streams the signal in stereo mode when SAMBA 2 is used bilateral. It splits up the signal and streams the right signal to the right ear as well as the left signal to the left year.

Hope that answers your question!

Best wishes, Verena 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2021 at 12:58 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi @ann_onymous, I am very sorry for the late reply. 

Our product experts have the following reply for you: SAMBA 2 GO streams the signal in stereo mode when SAMBA 2 is used bilateral. It splits up the signal and streams the right signal to the right ear as well as the left signal to the left year.

Hope that answers your question!

Best wishes, Verena 

I'm rather late replying, but that's really good to know! Though I wonder why that information isn't clearly stated somewhere on the product page.

Thanks for your feedback, @ann_onymous We will forward it to the responsible team here at MED-EL to improve the content on our web pages. 

Kind regards, 

Barbara