New HearPeers Show & Tell one time GoogleMeet chats

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Recently I have been asked by several HP members about a GoogleMeet at a different time/day, a GoogleMeet that includes HP members with different brand CIs, a GoogleMeet about a specific topic.

So let’s try to add something new to HearPeers.  

HearPeers Show & Tell one time GoogleMeet Chats

If you have an interest in presenting at a HP Show & Tell one time GoogleMeet, post your interest and topic below.  I will be glad to host your HP Show & Tell on my GoogleMeet account but you will be presenting the whole time.  I will just attend as a participant.

Possible ideas…..

@Dennisjbr  the innovative way you are using AudioLink with a BT adapter

@pdk your website

@John R your website and the organization you are involved with in Australia 

Many other HP members may be interested in presenting too.  Open to all.

Let’s keep helping each other in yet a new way.

• Like 2

I'll think about this. I'm still trying to raise the interest in and discussion in rehab. Will come up with a list of possible points to present.

Sure happy to help. Also have some other ideas like other options for using audiolink direct with computer or peloton with minimal, if any static. 

9 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

your website and the organization you are involved with in Australia 

Hi @Mary Beth Yeah I am down to give it a go.
The Advocates online at this end went really well I thought, and I also enjoyed watching your and others videos post event. 😃
So I hope that is an encouragement to others that the online platform really can work for us and help us all to learn from each other a little more. 

JR

Just a quick run through ideas.

If it looks ok please add topics.

Ideas for talk.  Rehab  RE-TRAIN YOUR BRAIN Individual needs? We are all deaf and need to improve ourselves and pass on that info .

Special database?

What's available 

Cochlear, Medel, ab Websites Forums

What are we looking for?

Technical..

. Gadgets and how to use them.  Apps 

Where are the audiologists ?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr @pdk and @John R

The beauty of HP Show & Tell is that it gives us another way to support each other and connect and it is not an additional project for me.  Smile!  And you get to select a time and day that suits you best.

So if you are interested, go ahead and plan your Show & Tell.  Start a new topic called HP Show & Tell …….  (In the blank add your topic like aural rehab or AudioLink or whatever).

If you would like me to host your Show & Tell on my GoogleMeet account (which does not time out for groups after 60 minutes), just send me a HP private message and confirm that I am available on your interested time and date first before you post info in the forum.  You will gather the email addresses of interested HP members and send them to me a day before your Show & Tell so I can send out invites.  I will ask you to open your meeting and for you to be available to host 15 minutes before the meeting start time.

If you will host your Show & Tell independently, go straight to posting about it.

I will join as a participant and you will run your entire Show & Tell.

I think it can be fun!

• HearPeers Heroes

@John R

Yes Advocates Online was a great experience.  I enjoyed watching your video afterwards as well.  So many wonderful people.

12 hours ago, pdk said:

I'll think about this. I'm still trying to raise the interest in and discussion in rehab. Will come up with a list of possible points to present.

I would attend for sure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dianna said:

I'm still trying to raise the interest in and discussion in rehab.

@Dianna Rehab tools and awareness is something my wife and I have become so passionate about, its a huge topic and certainly one that validates a dedicated session. 

10 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

If you would like me to host your Show & Tell on my GoogleMeet account (which does not time out for groups after 60 minutes),

@Mary Beth FYI, I too have a google account that won't time out, So if things need to be hosted from this side of the globe / time zone let me know.

1 hour ago, John R said:

@Dianna Rehab tools and awareness is something my wife and I have become so passionate about, its a huge topic and certainly one that validates a dedicated session. 

Agreed, i was stating that a show and tell would be great, i think rehabbers here would love a show and tell, i know i would.

I loved my first meet and greet, there were discussions that i enjoyed hearing about, without waiting for written responses. So a dedicated discussion of some seniors favorite rehab or at least their schedules, etc. So less experienced can listen and ask/tell what may not be working for them...does that make sense? John and btk could present. I know what their favorites are, but what modules, what you did to go over any "hump" they met....

17 hours ago, pdk said:

Hi, i think i called you btk, im sorry 💘 

I'm early enough in my CI journey that I know I could benefit greatly from this. I'd love to be an audience participant. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Okay @pdk and @John R

You have HP members interested in attending a show & tell on aural rehab.

You can each proceed separately or join together.

I look forward to attending as well.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dennisjbr

I would definitely be interested in attending a show and tell on your AudioLink set ups.

17 hours ago, John R said:

@Mary Beth FYI, I too have a google account that won't time out, So if things need to be hosted from this side of the globe / time zone let me know.

Hosting from Australia to New York is a challenge.

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

You choose a day and time that works for you.  Then check with me if you need me to host it on my GoogleMeet acct.  if I can not do it, I will check with John.

So far I see 2 people who have showed interest. Lauren and Diaanna. Any more really going to join in?

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

I recommend that you start a new topic.  Call it HP Show & Tell: Aural Rehab with pdk

Set a date and time and invite people to express interest in attending by replying to your post.  The same way I handle the Med-El CI GoogleMeet Chats.

I will attend if I am available.

18 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@pdk

I recommend that you start a new topic.  Call it HP Show & Tell: Aural Rehab with pdk

Set a date and time and invite people to express interest in attending by replying to your post.  The same way I handle the Med-El CI GoogleMeet Chats.

I will attend if I am available.

Lauren and i, maybe kirk? 

52 minutes ago, Dianna said:

Lauren and i, maybe kirk? 

I'll try and put something together during the week. It will be a useful exercise for me. Once done I'll send out an invite.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, Dianna said:

Agreed, i was stating that a show and tell would be great, i think rehabbers here would love a show and tell, i know i would.

Hi john. What is the time difference approximately between where you and say mary beth are? If you do a show and tell for your folks im willing to join and watch from iowa at any time.