New CI user

iHM24

Dear colleagues,

My name is Hameed Marhoon, 30 years old from Bahrain.

Last septemper I make a car accedint after that I lost hearing (profound hearing loss - SNHL) in both ear before 3 weeks back I make CI using Med-el CI, Opus II and Rondo.

Best regards,

Hameed Marhoon

• HearPeers Heroes

Nice to meet you Hameed, welcome to hearpeers. My name is Adam, I am bilaterally implanted with opus 2 processors. I have had them for 4 and a half years.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

I did answer your question about talking on the phone. Let me know if I need to explain more or if you have any other questions. Looking forward to getting to know you

Adam

It's my pleasure Mr. Fitzgerald, nice to meet you and I appreciate your greeting and responding to my question quickly.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Hameed,

I have a progressive hearing loss. My right ear has been profoundly deaf for 24 years and unable to benefit from hearing aids. My left ear has progressed to severe to profound loss and uses a hearing aid but I must also lip read. My right ear was implanted in February 2015 and activated in March 2015. I have Opus 2 and Rondo and am waiting to receive my Sonnet.

Mary Beth

Hi Hammed

I just recently had my cochlear activated (not quite 2 weeks ago)

I am 38

I wish you the very best.

Know it must be difficult, as you have not always been deaf. A lot for you to get used to.

Thanks Mary & Christa, nice to meet you

I wish happiness life for you

Take care of yourself

Hameed