Rondo 3 charger and Apple iPhone

Andrew42

I'm waiting for activation in a few weeks. Is the Rondo 3 charger compatible with an Apple 12 and vice versa? I can find neither specs nor the name of the manufacturer.

Thanks

• HearPeers Heroes

I think it was aircharge slimline.  I am not sure if Med-El is still using that charger.  It is probably best to check with your Med-El office directly.

Several people have mentioned times when Rondo 3 did not properly charge.  Some have opted to use a direct charging cable.

My basic charging system uses a magnetic cable that attaches to either lightening, Micro USB or Type C adapters. The devices I charge have the appropriate adapter permanently installed so to charge I just make the magnetic connection. I'm hoping the input to the Medel base is one of the latter two and I merely have to install the right input adapter. To be able to use the same mag safe charger as an iPhone or iPad would be a real bonus in clutter reduction..

• 1 month later...

In a follow up to my own question. I have placed my IPhone 12 on the standard rondo charging pad and everything seems to work. I now have to wait for a period when my iPhone battery is somewhat depleted at the same time my Rondo is still chirpy. I will then try charging my iPhone on the pad and measure the effectiveness. Once. I have a few user non-technical values I’ll be happy to share them. Just realise that the sum total of my technical knowledge can de written in large letters on the back of a stamp. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I’ve just got my Rondo 3 and have been doing some experimenting.

Med-El charger is made by these guys: https://www.air-charge.com/

It’s only 5W, so will charge my AirPods but not my iPhone 12.

My Belkin 10W charger will do my Rondo plus iPhone and AirPods.

My Apple MagSafe charger doesn’t charge my Rondo - may be the magnets in the MagSafe interfering with the handshaking between the charger and the Rondo, but I can’t be sure.

So, when traveling I’ll have to get a non-MagSafe 10W charger so I can do both my phone and my Rondo using the one charger.

Or, carry two chargers 

I’d go the cable option, but the Rondo 3 charging cable is AUD$195!!

Mike

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mike Austin

The Rondo 3 charging cable is very expensive.  Personally, I wish Med-El US included that charging cable in the kit.  It’s much easier to carry around a charging cable than the entire charger.