Faulty processor?

Lauren

I have an appointment with my audiologist today and will of course ask, but just to prepare myself for the worst case, asking here too.

I use both my processors daily and yesterday after work went to switch to my Rondo 3. It was on the charging pad where I left it but when I grabbed it and was trying to turn it on it wouldn't turn on. Thinking it had gotten bumped from the charger and didn't charge, I placed it back on the charging pad. Light on the side of the charging pad lit up red and the Rondo had the orange light, presumably meaning it was charging. Left it to charge but fell asleep and just checked (12 hours later) and its exactly the same. Charging pad is still red and the orange light on the Rondo 3 is still on. It didn't get bumped off for sure this time.

Faulty processor needing replacement or something I can resolve myself/with help of audiologist?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Several options….

Contact Med-El in house audiology for help through email or phone.

Contact your Med-El customer service rep for help by email or phone.

Contact your regional Med-El consumer engagement manager for help.

Ask your audiologist for help.

Since you have an appt soon that may be convenient this time.  But know that we have options to get help with processors directly from Med-El US as well and in my experience Med-El US is fast and efficient.

My audiologist thinks, and I agree, that it was just an issue with the charging pad and it likely got bumped off sometimes at night and I just didn’t notice. 

Only issue it had at the appointment was the new ASM 3.0 made it difficult to synch/connect to the computer. The Sonnet 2 had no issues so it was just difficulty switching to a different processor. If it had been faulty, there was a loaner Rondo 3 available if needed. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

several Rondo 3 users are reporting difficulties with it charging correctly overnight using the pad charger.  Some have opted to get the USB charging cable and then plug it in overnight.  I’m glad your audiologist has a loaner available.  That is great!

• 4 weeks later...

I was just activated yesterday and have questions about everything.  For now, is the light on the side of the charger pad supposed to be red all the time?  Or does this mean there is a problem?  

Also, it was working yesterday but when I turned the Rondo on this morning there is nothing but a whooshing sound and I can't even hear my own voice.  

Thoughts?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lorraine Roberts

Congratulations on your activation.  I do not have a Rondo 3 so I can’t help you with your question about the red light on the charger pad but @Joan uses the same charger pad with her Rondo 2 and may be able to help.

@Lorraine Roberts I have Rondo2s and they need to be placed on the charger pad upside down. Are you doing that with your Rondo3? The light on the side of charger pad stays on as long as the processor is on it but it should turn off when you remove the processor. 

@Lorraine Roberts I should have mentioned that the light in the charger pad is red while the processor is charging but turns white when the charging is finished. It remains white until you remove the processor. The charger pad (and the light) turns off when the processor is removed.

Lorraine, be careful. Like you I was activated recently with a Rondo 3. I use the charging pad. I have noticed that the process is a little finicky. Be careful to make sure that when you place the inverted Rondo on the charging pad the orange light on the Rondo comes on AND stays on. I believe I have had times when the Rondo moved slightly and that was enough to stop it charging. I got burned by this just this week. The problem is that when the Rondo is fully charged the orange light turns off. However the orange light is also not on if the Rondo is misplaced on the pad and not charging. My pad is so placed that the light on its side is not clearly visible and I’ve judged whether it was charged or not by the orange status light. Given Joan’s excellent comments I will make a point of looking tomorrow if the side light has turned white to show a full charge. I use Audiokey2 and now check the charge level each morning and evening on my iPhone and record it. Hope this helps. 

Thanks all!  Next question:  My audio stream will not stop blinking nor let me turn it off.  I have let it run out, but the minute I pout it back ion the charger it starts again.  Thoughts?