AudioStream user experiences updates October 2021

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@KittKatz

AudioStream does sound fantastic when it stays connected.  I have not heard of any updates to AudioStream yet.  The last update to AudioKey2 app was 6 months ago according to the App Store.

• HearPeers Heroes

All of the extra pulling down and pushing up of the AudioStream cover puts additional stress on the small o-ring on Sonnet/Sonnet2.  My o-ring tore completely yesterday.  That’s when I learned that Med-El US sells those o-rings.  I ordered several so if it happens again, I will be able to keep on listening with my Sonnet.  Without that o-ring my Sonnet will not stay powered on correctly.  Just sharing in case others may want to have back up o-rings as well.

22657166-9CEC-4899-9F8A-EDE987905E74.jpeg

Hi, i have used as a few times with sonnet 2 eas,  i dont have issues connecting with samsung galaxy phone, but sometimes it disconnects, i think due to issues with my phone notifications. It can reconnect on its own, but sometimes i have to unpair and re-pair. I use audio link more because i have it connected by cable to my room tv. I merely walk in turn on tv and voila! It also works when i am wearing as. I have used as on long walks connected to spotify, some crackling with movement or interruptions with phone connectivity (i live in the country) i dont have an ha in unimplanted ear yet so cant testify to bimodal streaming yet.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, it has now been more than a week with just audiostream and i am happy with it, like mary beth said, i feel like conversation and tv are slightly better. I have the sonnet 2 as my left hearing device and stream from audio stream. Ive only received spam phone calls, but the streaming option has always lit up for me to answer. The only thing ive had to get used to is that its a little larger battery cover and its cold so ive worn hats. One day i wore a hat all day outside in the cold, that night the area behind the processor got sore, but still slightly tender 3 months post surg. I have worn sunglasses a bit, but i still use my reading glasses with temple removed.

So i agree with mary beth that i prefer audiostream for normal daily life 

Fingers crossed! Updated my iPhone 11 to 5.1 and it appears that the streaming to my CI is working;however, I have to disconnect my left HA in order for it to work. 
I wish Med-El could figure out a way to stream to both.
Hoping it stays connected this time__streaming has been a frustrating journey. I do agree that there is some soreness from the larger battery pack, but perhaps that will ease up in time.

I LOVE my Sonnet 2, otherwise! I often disconnect my HA and use only my Sonnet and do very well.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Viola DeVinney

I am glad things are working better for you now.

I think it will actually be technology upgrades in our phones that will eventually allow for streaming to two separate BT devices simultaneously (like a hearing aid and CI).  A few select android phones are able to do that now with a few select hearing aid brands.  It works with Sonnets and Med-El has a list of phones.  

I am also an iPhone user.  I wonder when iPhones will get that feature?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention the audiostreams seem a bit delicate. I have 2 as I'm a bilateral use. Both the covers have cracked and recently the RCB adapter malfunctioned causing the processor to blank out leaving me with total silence-it took a while to work out which bit was broken. Luckily everything was cover under the warrantee but I can see it getting a bit pricey if this continues once the warrantee is over.

• Sad 2

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Audio Stream at a retailer? Looking to get one for my sister who's abroad but can't seem to find AS sold anywhere.

8 hours ago, Benson said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Audio Stream at a retailer? Looking to get one for my sister who's abroad but can't seem to find AS sold anywhere.

As far as I know, only Med-El themselves sell it. You should be able to contact the office in another country and get it shipped there if that's what your sister needs.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Benson

connevans sells it in the UK and ships internationally.

Remember that in addition to the AudioStream , a special battery pack or rechargeable battery adapter is needed.  AudioStream will not work with our original battery packs/rechargeable adapters.  That is why there is an option to purchase them together.

https://www.connevans.co.uk/viewProduct.do?id=37843084&code=DCM4096&name=MED-EL-AudioStream-Cover-with-compatible-disposable-battery-frame-for-Sonnet-or-Sonnet-2-processor

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

Your comment about insanity pretty much describes my last two days with AudioStream.  I hope your AudioStreams are still working well.