BOSE QC35 around the ear headphones

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I love mine and use them with my Phonak Paradise P70Rs. They fit right inside the ear cup without having to squeeze them in. That is a great price. 

I put this on my Christmas wish list for this year, though specifically it was the gaming version of these (with the removable mic). 

• 5 weeks later...

So I did get these and they are indeed so comfy. With EAS I do get feedback unless I find the sweet spot; my HAs are so old they start squealing away as soon as the ear cup gets close but I'll be getting a new one in a few weeks anyways.

One surprise is how good music sounds with these. I've been struggling to enjoy music and between these headphones and the last MAP some of my favorites sound close to normal. Looking forward to using these at the January HearPeers meetup!

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I love the Bose QC35 II headphones 

I have realized that these and other headphones are difficult 😥 for long term wear for CI users due the pressure on the processors. So I recently learned that comfort can be attained by relocating the processors from behind the ear to the entrance to the ear canal of the pinna. 
This places the microphone close the the ear canal, such as a normal hearing person. This is how the headphones are designed, putting the headphones near the ear canal. 
And by doing so it allows us CI users to have a more comfortable listening experience. 

Now using the QC35s with Rondos is a different story. Since the location of the Rondo microphone is away from the ear. This poses a new challenge, yet to be resolved.