Rondo 3 telecoil adapter

John Crozier

Success....finally.   YAY.  We have managed to set the flight mode.  NO TICKING.   YAY. Super happy.     We have a slight different set up since our last appointment.  When the adapter is in place we do not automatically go to MT.  We have a program # 2MT and a 3 full telecoil.  My question now is..... can we leave flight mode on?.  What will the consequences be for that scenario. Will it just be that we cannot makes changes on our app and echo?   Setting flight mode on each time is a pain and John wont be able to do it on his own.  Fingers are giving trouble.  John says its really nice not having that constant ticking sound.   And.....we used Artone 3 Max and it was wonderful.. Super grateful for everyone's help.

Do you think that Medel still continue to find a permanent solution??  Thank you @Mary Beth @Joan @Lauren

• HearPeers Heroes

@John Crozier

yay!  Tedious but at least you have a work around.

I hope Med-El plans on fixing this issue.

Each time the Rondo 3 is turned off, it will return to normal function upon being turned back on.

But remaining in flight mode all day should be fine.  Although switching out of the MT or T program will be impossible.

• Like 1

@Mary Beth thanks for telling me that it would have to be reset on flight mode after every turn off.  That makes it challenging.  Hope theres a fix coming soon.  Thanks for all your help and..... if you hear anything please let us know.  Have a great day

8 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@John Crozier

Let’s ask @MED-EL Moderator if they are aware of a timeline for a permanent fix to the Rondo 3 ticking telecoil issue.

Hello @Mary Beth @John Crozier, thanks for tagging us. 

As with all ongoing product developments, we are unfortunately not able to share a timeline with you. However, please be assured that our product experts are aware of the issue and are doing their best to fix it as soon as possible. 

Kind regards, Verena 

Hi,  I heard back from my audi who was in touch with Medel.  Their latest suggestion was to reduce the sensitivity which i had done a while ago.  I originally reduced it to about half but the ticking was still there.  I have since reduced the sensitivity to just about zero and the ticking is just faint.  I would have never thought to go that low but it is working.  John is now using his Artone 3 and,  at Church Sunday he was able to hear pleasantly....no noticeably distracting sound.  I don't know if this will be considered "the fix" but it is better than before and better than the flight mode.    I do wonder, though, if the sensitivity being so low if this will be affecting any other sounds he might not have now?   Any idea @Mary Beth?

So, for now we are good.  We appreciate all your help, @Mary Beth, @Lauren, @Joan and the Medel Moderator.  Thank you again, Regards, John and Diane

• HearPeers Heroes

@John Crozier

That is encouraging.  At John’s next MAPping appt he can ask his audiologist to set the sensitivity to zero percent on the programs John uses for telecoil.  Then it just will already be set to zero percent sensitivity when he goes into those programs for telecoil use.

I have a MAP set to zero percent sensitivity and a expanded lower volume percentage to use with AudioStream to try to block out environmental sounds when streaming.

The sensitivity is a sound bubble that the processor picks up sounds from.  So a lower sensitivity is a smaller sound bubble.  A higher sensitivity is a larger sound bubble.

For Artone use, the lower sensitivity should not be a problem.

By the way, I was told that a zero percent sensitivity would basically mute the processor mics.  That is not my experience.  A zero percent sensitivity still enables me to hear and understand through the processor mics.

Thanks for sharing Diane.  It’s a much easier temporary fix than flight mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Dave in Pittsburgh

scroll to page 1 of this topic and read through.  It is about the ticking sound in Rondo 3 when the telecoil adapter is attached