Feeling guilty to hear as a hearing los baby mother😔

Ani

Hallo,hello

my son is 11 months old and has already 3  months his CI implants,i am happy as he showing more reaction to sound but at nights when i am all alone feeling guilty that my baby has such a problem, there is so much „IF“ in my mind that coming going every second , if my baby wasn‘t  deaf, if my baby could hear as normal people,if he wasn‘t supposed to pass this all,but what i do i hava no power to change anything. I know that pain as a parent will always stay in my heart but hoping that with 2 CI he can have „normal“ life full of self confidence,joy and happiness 🙂

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Ani

There are so many emotions that parents go through upon learning that their child is deaf.  As parents you are on your own type of journey too.  Wishing your son the very best with his bilateral CIs.  These CIs have been life changing for me.  

• Like 1

I recently met a 9 year old boy at a museum who also had both ears implanted as a baby and his mom said that he has done so well and the CI's are such an integral part of his life.