Using Roger select with Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3

JJP

Hello,

My 1 year old daughter has been a CI user for 1 month.  We have a Roger select that we used to use with her hearing aids. Are we able to use Roger select with her processors without using the Roger 21? Would using it by connecting to audio link be possible?  Very new to this. Please feel free to give me any suggestions. Thank you. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JJP

Wishing your daughter the best.

Is she using Sonnet 2 or Rondo 3?

With Sonnet 2 the best way to use the Roger Select is by using the Roger 21 integrated battery cover.  There are several  other ways to use the Select with Sonnet 2 but the Roger 21 integrated battery cover is the best option.

Rondo 3 can use the Select as well but several people are reporting a ticking sound when Rondo 3 is using its telecoil adapter, so I would not recommend that for your daughter unless she can report whether she hears the ticking sound with Rondo 3.

Thank you Mary Beth.

We go back and forth depending on what she doesn't try to pull off since she is so active at this age. We love both. Rondo is definitely so much easier to use for us right now but I have read about all the benefits of using the Sonnet as our everyday one for little ones. 

Can you please share with me where I can find information about other ways to use the Roger select in the meantime until we purchase the Roger 21? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JJP

Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3 share the same platform.  They should deliver equally good sound quality.

It is connectivity that differs greatly.  In my opinion, Sonnet 2 has much better connectivity options.

But for everyday listening through our processors alone, both offer the same speech processing and mic options.

Unfortunately, every option for using Roger Select with Sonnet 2 requires purchasing something.  The Roger 21 integrated battery cover will deliver the best sound in the most convenient way.  Connevans in the UK ships internationally.  In the US, Phonak will not sell direct to customers so prices are higher.

Here is a link 

https://www.connevans.co.uk/product/16158225/3PR212/Phonak-Roger-21-integrated-receiver--type-02-

• Like 1