Update

Roy K.

@Mary BethSo far overall it is more stable and connects almost all the time without issue except for once at the gym when it disconnected after I would say go out of Spotify or YouTube and that was frustrating but for the most part I think MedEl did a really good job w/this firmware update 

yes, prob. too early to say this but so far it's how I imagined it would work when I bought it. I like that wherever and whenever I want especially with such a choppy schedule that I can stream/rehab is great. sometimes at the coffeeshop, or when working, or when at the gym, much easier to incorporate that into my life than to wait when I'm exhausted at the end of a day . . . 

Had my Audiostreams replaced for the second time. Updated firmware and went through initial connection process. Seem to be working better though sometimes initially connects to only one side but difference is it pretty quickly connects to the other side without my having to do anything (eg turn processor off and back on). 

One thing I noticed today about the Audiostream for the first time … When you place it in the processor it will be OK for hearing and green light flashes but it might not be fully locked in place. In that position, even though it seems to be working, it won’t stream and you have to push it up a bit more for it to be fully functional. 

I somehow missed the message to update.  I saw it mentioned in a FB group.  The FB poster mentioned they saw it on HearPeers.  So I came here and followed the instructions from the Med-El Moderator.  Like others, I had problems.  I spent hours updating, reconfiguring, updating, reconfiguring (rinse & repeat).  Then all of a sudden it just worked.  Since finally getting it set up, it is now more stable.  So far it connects to both AudioStreams as soon as it is turned on (previously it would often connect to one or the other, but not both - and it wasn't the same one every time).  The range seems to be slightly improved as I can now leave my phone and walk out of the room (not far) and come back and it doesn't disconnect like it always did before.    🧡There is no more static sound and music sounds much better🧡

• Like 3

That was my experience also.  I went into the Bluetooth settings on my iPhone 12 and reconnected my “hearing device” and both Sonnets.  As well as re pairing along the way.  And reconfiguring.  Then sometimes only one processor would connect to its AudioStream and eventually the other one would connect.  Both now connect when needed. 

Some people had no trouble at all so go figure! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lynda

Maybe check your phone settings and make sure AudioKey2 app has notifications turned on?

78F4BFD1-1404-453F-9B0E-A550FD44FA64.jpeg

I used my AS with my iPad Saturday for a Zoom meeting and since then have not been able to use it again with my phone... I've tried Forget this device" a few times and that is not working.. other than re-doing everything in AudioKey 2 is there anything else I can try?

Try this: make sure only one device (tablet or phone)  has its Bluetooth active.  The Audiostreams can connect to only one device at a time. 

15 minutes ago, Karen T said:

Try this: make sure only one device (tablet or phone)  has its Bluetooth active.  The Audiostreams can connect to only one device at a time. 

I might have messed up things the other day when playing around in AudioKey 2 for my Rondo 3. I reconfigured AS, went back to Accessibility, tried again, no-go. So I did the forget device thing and repaired it and now its working again. I did quickly confirm that my iPad was still off after I powered it down last night.

Hello there, good afternoon to you all I just happened to come back onto the Forum  and saw the various  posts regarding the AS  updates and  firmware update from Med El on the AudioStream . I had been busy for a couple of weeks and down I’m glad I came back on today as some of you may be aware my phone, I have the iPhone 13 running the latest software, has  been working pretty well with the audio stream almost consistently the iPad was erratic and every few weeks it would unpair  and disconnect since  some late November I have not been able to use the  IPad .

Well I just updated the firmware   on the audiokey 2app restarted both the iPad and phone and everything seems to be working perfectly , and as Jared has said This is how we have all envisioned the audio stream to work seamlessly connecting to either device !

Now the  only thing left for Med El software engineers  to do to make this even more useful  is to give  us a way to use a sliding scale to mix  the ratios of the mics and audio stream  input  in order to better  use this without reservations in noisy environments !

Thanks MedEl! 

hoping to see more updates soon!

Of course this is the first day for my experience after the updates hopefully it will continue to work well  after sometime!  

On 1/26/2022 at 2:47 PM, Roy K. said:

Had my Audiostreams replaced for the second time. Updated firmware and went through initial connection process. Seem to be working better though sometimes initially connects to only one side but difference is it pretty quickly connects to the other side without my having to do anything (eg turn processor off and back on). 

One thing I noticed today about the Audiostream for the first time … When you place it in the processor it will be OK for hearing and green light flashes but it might not be fully locked in place. In that position, even though it seems to be working, it won’t stream and you have to push it up a bit more for it to be fully functional. 

Update - This morning received a telephone call and Audiostream failed to connect. Disappointing that you still can’t really rely on it for business calls,etc. when failure to connect not tolerable. At best, connection to incoming calls seems to be always delayed for several seconds. 

At the times that I am expecting a call or want to ensure that the Audiostreams are connected for a call, I view a video. The Audiostreams stay connected after I do that.   

• HearPeers Heroes

@Karen T I am glad you found a work around for expected calls.  

Being able to connect for unexpected calls seems to me to be a basic premise of direct streaming.  This definitely needs a fix.

Is this happening to others as well?  Which phones?

@Mary Beth so after a couple of weeks I can report that overall it's much more stable and typically connects right away and stays connected. It's not perfect but I've also found it's easier to reconnect than in the past. I either turn my phone on and off or the rare time it says it's connected but not working I've had success tapping the LIVE LISTEN on and off and somehow that helps. Lastly, I've found that sometimes it might take a little longer than you might want but that it figures it out and makes the connection. I still wish sometimes you could make it louder. 

The audostream update seems to have made a difference. It connects quicker and much more often. Before the update, it took so long to connect that people used to put the phone down. I  now only occasionally have to open and close the door.. This usually happens at work which makes me think there's some interference with the Bluetooth/WIFI connection at work (hospital). It's usually more reliable if I make a test call first before dialing call that are important.

• Like 3

For the first time ever I connected my Sonnet 2 to AudioLink. I was trying to see if it would reduce feedback from my work computer if I streamed directly. It didn't work but transferring between the AudioLink to AudioStream even when I had an incoming call that defaulted to AL was seamless. Toggled my phone to AS and it did that right away. Now that I've finally tried both I can say I 100% prefer AS to AL for my Sonnet 2 as others have also said is their preference.

Wish it were easier to pair/re-pair the AudioLink to Rondo 3. Took mere seconds to switch it to Sonnet 2 and took multiple tries to get it back for Rondo 3. At least until I thought to toggle BT off on my phone that is (didn't have to do that for my Sonnet 2).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

For me the audio quality is so far superior when using AudioStream compared to AudioLink.  So much better.  AudioStream just needs an option for users to control the mixing ratio.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Lauren

For me the audio quality is so far superior when using AudioStream compared to AudioLink.  So much better.  AudioStream just needs an option for users to control the mixing ratio.  

Yes Marybeth thank you this is exactly my feeling and I’m sure most of our community of users also, I have of course conveyed this to the Med El personnel also but I think we all need to sort of gently remind and request them to work on updating the audio stream and tuning it up  more in order to be able to mix the ratios!!

I would not want the ratio altered to the point that no outside noise can be heard.  That is artificial.  The person you are speaking to can hear the background noise.  People with normal hearing can hear background noise when they make phone calls or listen to music via Bluetooth.  Headphones can be used if one wants a totally silent background for audio.  Personally I  prefer being able to hear what is going on around me while on a phone call.  

• HearPeers Heroes

@Karen T

I prefer a combined input of streaming and environmental sounds for phone calls too.  Sometimes I prefer to mute all environmental sounds when streaming.  Having the ability to set and adjust at will our preferred mix ratio would let all of us achieve the mix ratio we prefer.  

• 5 months later...

I'm new in this gathering. I have a few inquiries regarding this gathering. These inquiries are displayed under🙂🙂:

https://forum.hearpeers.com/topic/11213-i-hope-cis-become-supported-in-nigeria/

My inquiry is about this thread. On the off chance that you have any data about this string. Tell me beneath. I'm extremely confounded about that😵😵.

11 hours ago, Jibrannawaz57 said:

I'm new in this gathering. I have a few inquiries regarding this gathering. These inquiries are displayed under🙂🙂:

https://forum.hearpeers.com/topic/11213-i-hope-cis-become-supported-in-nigeria/

My inquiry is about this thread. On the off chance that you have any data about this string. Tell me beneath. I'm extremely confounded about that😵😵.

Hello! Are you inquiring about audiostream?

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked back on this thread to see if anyone had any updates on mixing ratio. From what I can tell, it's still not an option. Getting really disappointed with MedEl for still not having addressed this extremely critical patient need and frequent complaint. C'mon MedEl engineers, let's go! We're tired of waiting for something that should have been a no-brainer.

I encourage everyone to step up their requests and be a little more firm candid with their disappointment. This has gone on long enough.