Update to AudioStream firmware Jan 2022

Mary Beth

The process wasn’t as seamless as it ought to be but no major issues on my part getting it updated. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

If you have tips for iPhone users, I’m sure people will appreciate reading them 

Like other users, I forgot AudioStream in the iPhone Accessibility section, not Bluetooth, on all devices (iPhone and iPad both running iOS 15.2.1 for me) then went into AudioKey2 on my phone first and did the update. I had to turn the processor off once before it went through then I reconnected in Accessibility to my phone. No issues. 

I ran into issues connecting AudioStream to my iPad while it was already connected to my iPhone after updating. Once I turned my iPhone off it connected immediately and now it’s seamless between the two. I tried that rather than fiddling with “forget this device” an additional time. Before I did that it would struggle to find the AudioStream or it would but then never establish a connection. Just sit there spinning the wheel endlessly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

I am happy to hear that switching between iPhone and iPad is seamless now.  That’s terrific!

@Mary Beth

I have to walk back my seamless statement. In order to switch music back and forth between iPhone and iPad I have to click forget device. If I don’t do that it’ll show as connected on both devices but whichever one I start with will be the only device that actually plays anything. It’ll show as connected to both in Accessibility but will NOT show in listening settings on the device you are trying to switch to. 

As far as connection after hitting forget device, that is automatic. As is reconnecting to both devices. I didn’t have to do anything for my phone and for my iPad just had to turn the Sonnet 2 off/on. I went back and forth between devices and had no real problem. So it can work after a fashion, but would be nice if it were truly seamless. 

Tested this using my music library and playing two different songs at the same time on my devices. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

You may be able to “steer” the AudioStream by turning off BT temporarily on the device it is connected to and the letting it connect to the other device.  After it connects to the second device, you may be able to safely turn BT back on for the first device.  It doesn’t seem to function well with iOS hand off feature.

5 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Lauren

You may be able to “steer” the AudioStream by turning off BT temporarily on the device it is connected to and the letting it connect to the other device.  After it connects to the second device, you may be able to safely turn BT back on for the first device.  It doesn’t seem to function well with iOS hand off feature.

@Mary Bethin my case, that doesn’t work. Only forgetting the processor when/if switching between devices/handing off streaming to a different device. Only have this issue when testing switching to a different device while actively streaming. Connecting to either device is quick and painless. No issues using either one for streaming or the AudioKey 2 app as the remote. 

I don’t often switch between and only for see this being an issue for those who do. 

Woohoo! Thanks for the instruction! I've just done the update with great trepidation and it worked. I'm a bilateral user and I had to repair the audiostream to my iphone using the audiokey app rather than my phone but it worked. Phew. Now hoping the update has fixed the connection problems