Margaret

Margaret

I'm new to this site.  I woke up one morning two years ago deaf in my left ear.  Apparently nerve damage from a virus.  Within a week of my loss, Covid lockdowns began, so I feel like it has been hard to judge the impact on my life.  I tried a cross hearing aid to send sound to my right ear for a few months, but it did not seem to improve my hearing that much and was very uncomfortable.  Medicare won't pay for a cochlear implant for single sided loss.  I'm considering a Bonebridge but am interested in knowing how much help it would be in real-life hearing situations.  The MRI compatibility issue is kind of a problem, as I have been recommended to have one annually and the machines in common use are twice as strong as the Bonebridge will tolerate.

• 1 year later...

The Bonebridge/Samba system is for conductive hearing loss, not sensorineural hearing loss, so it would not be very effective for you, I don't think.