Med-Eli’s virtual music and band!

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Med-El Global is organizing this.  Just follow the link and sign up so you receive more information.

What I have in mind is LOTS of HP members joining in!  Smile

Erm…have you ever seen a Bass solo? 

…it’s not pretty!

if you want I can find one of the virtual open Mics we did last year and post it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Amy

I do not know how Med-El Global is going to coordinate this but thought you might be interested in signing up for more information.  It sounds like a cool idea.  I signed up.

• HearPeers Heroes
2 hours ago, Amy said:

Erm…have you ever seen a Bass solo? 

…it’s not pretty!

if you want I can find one of the virtual open Mics we did last year and post it. 

Oh contraire, mon ami!

look for jaco pastoring playing his song Portrait of Tracy. His solo of that song is truly amazing 

1 hour ago, Jdashiell said:

Oh contraire, mon ami!

look for jaco pastoring playing his song Portrait of Tracy. His solo of that song is truly amazing 

Fair enough, but we are talking about me! Lol

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

at first I could not find the sheet music link but it is included in the link under the paragraph 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Is the music for those of us playing the piano just the melody line that is in the uploaded sheet music?

83EC3099-72B6-4635-A9EA-2F8936656F81.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Barbara @MED-EL Moderator

I am just confused on whether you want the piano recordings only to play the one note melody line?

In the FB video of Sheila, she is playing both hands.

Hi @Mary Beth, it's totally up to you. You can only play or sing the melody, or if you feel comfortable to play the chords / with two hands as Sheila did, go for it 🙂 

We invite every hearing implant user to participate and want to make it as easy as possible for everybody. Every voice and every instrument is welcome! The most important thing is that you have fun creating the video, and enjoy singing and making music. 

Best regards, Barbara 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody! We'd love to see you participating in our Virtual Voices & Band event. If you have not done yet, click here to register and be part of this great music event from and for hearing implant users. https://forms.office.com/r/tV9FxsaCKG

Looking forward to seeing your music video! 

Kind regards
The MED-EL Social Media Team 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hmm I am nearly ready to record mine - just waiting until I can sing without coughing!  

A question occurs to me - do I need to sing in German? Or are people singing in different languages? (I do not speak German!)

Hi @Kylie and @Mary Beth,

every one can sing in their preferred language, we've provided the lyrics in several languages :)

Looking forward to your video!

• HearPeers Heroes

I broke my right thumb and haven’t been able to play for the last month 😢

I will be out for a few more weeks as I’m due for pacemaker installation surgery this Wednesday. 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 4/19/2022 at 9:20 AM, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

Is the music for those of us playing the piano just the melody line that is in the uploaded sheet music?

83EC3099-72B6-4635-A9EA-2F8936656F81.jpeg

Great right hand exercise. I played it years ago when learning piano. Never followed thru tho, sadly 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

use 2 devices?  One playing the song streaming to your AudioStream and another one recording you singing along?