Needs help connecting 2 AudioStream

Mary Beth

19 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@WenD

My problem with AudioStream is this: I am bilateral Med-El. This week I upgraded my right side to Sonnet 2 and still have the older Sonnet on my left side. I got AudioStream and a second receiver so I could use it on both implants. Connecting both has been an impossibility although I followed the literature, watched utube videos, and tried countless times. On the AudioKey 2 app, I thought I connected both as it said "success," but when I look at the app, I believe it indicates only the Sonnet 2 is connected.

On my iPhone 11, only the Sonnet 2 is listed under "bluetooth," and under accessibility, it is listed "Sonnet 2" as connected. I cannot get the left sonnet to pair or be recognized. How can I do that? If I play music, it streams to my right ear only.

On my iPad, neither hearing device is listed, but under Accessibility, it says "Wendy's Hearing Device Med-El AudioStream (L), that it is connected, and when I play music, it streams only to my left ear. 

As I only got the new Sonnet on Tues., you can imagine how I've been spending my last few days. Any suggestions would be soooo appreciated. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@WenD

first step for me would be to forget this device on my iPhone under accessibility.

Then go to AudioKey2 and start all over since now you want to configure bilateral AudioStreams.  Also check that each AudioStream’s firmware is updated as Med-El recently released a firmware update.

I deleted the AudioKey 2 and re-installed it. I configured both the Sonnet and the Sonnet 2. I updated both. Now in settings I have 3 devices listed: "Med-El Hearing Device," "Sonnet 2," and "wendy's hearing device." I did not go to to accessibility. It even says those three are connected. BUT there is no streaming at all now. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Restart both AudioStreams and go to settings accessibility.  See if after you restart them they show up as L & R.

Configuring them in AudioKey2 is what sets them up to be used as L & R by your phone.

Having your phone FORGET this device (the first AudioStream that you used by itself) just helps to eliminate confusion.

@WenD

I think I have it working. Thank you so much. I checked the forget this device on all three, went back to AudioKey 2 and reconfigured. Went beck to the phone and WOW! I played some music and my husband called me. For the first time, I was really able to use the phone AS A PHONE. Thanks again. and thank you for the link . I still have to do my profile, etc. but I will get there.☺️

• HearPeers Heroes

@WenD

I am glad you are all set now.

Congratulations on your phone call!!  That is a terrific WOW moment!