Why is the Rondo group so quiet?

Tim

• HearPeers Heroes

Rondo is first of its kind - just as BB.
We have to be patient but also be actively curious what's in the kitchen! :D

One magic secret hint - predecessor of Rondo was invented by one Greek otosurgeon but time needed to pass by so technology could bring this little guy into the world. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Is that a pig processor?

ugh! - A what? :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Well you edited it. It said oindo. Sounds like something from a pig!! It was a joke. Pretty dry one at that!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Well you edited it. It said oindo. Sounds like something from a pig!! It was a joke. Pretty dry one at that!!

Ha-ha... Sorry - now I got it! :D 

First message I was typing on my mobile so I haven't really checked what I have wrote exactly...:P

Then I read your message and I thought: - ok, I have found out what is quirky, peanut gallery and something what Adam mentioned (but I can not remember what) ... and I started to loose myself... Too many new words and terms for today - even Google was goofed by my question....:D

Wait...! I am going to set up a trap to - Siri!  :lol:  :lol:

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

Do you know the Greek doctor's name?

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,

Do you know the Greek doctor's name?

I have seen him at one congress in Vienna - I will try find his name. He actually got idea, but further development was exclusively Med-EL`s.

• HearPeers Heroes

I started the book, No More Laughing At The Deaf Boy, last night. I found it on Amazon and it only cost $6 including shipping! When I opened it I was surprised to see that it is autographed! Since we have freezing rain and ice here today, the schools are closed. It will be a wonderful day of coffee and reading.

• HearPeers Heroes

We are expecting change of weather but yes - enjoy reading MB! :)

Well, I guess he wrote it solely because of educational purposes and that`s why Med-EL didn`t want to sell it for a serious money. 

• 1 month later...

Hi together.

I also have got a Rondo. I got it in October 2014. Before I used a hearing aid but then I lost a lot of my hearing and I

was not able to comunicate with the people anymore and so I decided me for the Rondo. Sure, it was not easy in the

first time but now I love this new feeling to hear the people and the communication is now much more better than before.

I also go skiing with the Rondo. I can wear al helmet and so it is no problem to race down the hills :)! I am really happy

that I risked this operation.

Please excuse me, if there are mistakes in my posting. It is a long time ago when I used to write in English.

Nadja

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi together.

I also have got a Rondo. I got it in October 2014. Before I used a hearing aid but then I lost a lot of my hearing and I

was not able to comunicate with the people anymore and so I decided me for the Rondo. Sure, it was not easy in the

first time but now I love this new feeling to hear the people and the communication is now much more better than before.

I also go skiing with the Rondo. I can wear al helmet and so it is no problem to race down the hills :)! I am really happy

that I risked this operation.

Please excuse me, if there are mistakes in my posting. It is a long time ago when I used to write in English.

Nadja

Hello Nadja,

Welcome to the Hearpeers - why don't you write little bit about yourself in the section of Introduce yourself.

Well, then there are at least two if us who are not native English speaker - I am from Croatia. ;)

Please tell us about yourself and your hearing path as much you wish. We are here the fantastic gang regularly joking or sharing our experience. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Nadja. I also have the Rondo and love it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome Nadja!! I have a CI in my right ear.

Hi Kara!

I also have my CI on my right ear. On the left side I am since I am born deaf. But that's no matter. With my

Rondo I can enjoy my life! It is really great.

Nadja

• HearPeers Heroes

Well sounds like you are doing amazing!! If one can say that life is good, it generally is!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Nadia

I am curious what your impressions of the sound when you go skiing?

• HearPeers Heroes

My father was from Montafon. He was born and raised in Vandans. Altitude may make a difference too.

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Pat, my username is ept5777, I am on my second week (meet with my WMU people and two MedEl reps today) I do have the Rondo outside unit and and am very excited of my chance to hear again. My hearing has been leaving for over 20 years now and I was wearing wearing hearing aids in both ears for the last 23 years. I still wear one in my left hear and the Rondo on my right. Back to your question on this group is so quiet may a simple item. I have been trying to post a message for over 3 weeks on HearPeers to even introduce myself and as of today that has not worked. Before you think I am just another idiot please understand my insurance Co  bailed out the day before surgery and all Rehab is on me and I do own a 10 Million plus company and deal with IT people daily so I am not sure why MedEl has made it so hard to become a customer or why I have had to send so many request to the Administrators begging for access to a product that is so wonderful for not only a 63 year old man like me for the young.

Hope you do very well, I can tell you after two weeks I can tell you whats next and also your problems if it's not staying on your head etc.

Pat

P.S. MedEl is very impressed with my Dr. Colby's surgery on my right implant for how fast it healed and no scars Not Counting I still have a loud noise that works still in that ear. Sorry my wife of 45 years is not here to give me that important word.. Best of luck either way;

Sensory? hearing which is on heard of after this surgery? i had to listen to my tape recorder from the meeting.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to Hearpeers!! Glad to meet you I'm Kara. I am newly on this journey. I am about to hit the 5-month mark since activation. I am loving this "new hearing". It's is a true miracle how well things are going for me. I never expected in my wildest dreams to be able to hear as well as I do today!! So good luck. Enough about me!! Tell us about you!!

Welcome to Hearpeers!! Glad to meet you I'm Kara. I am newly on this journey. I am about to hit the 5-month mark since activation. I am loving this "new hearing". It's is a true miracle how well things are going for me. I never expected in my wildest dreams to be able to hear as well as I do today!! So good luck. Enough about me!! Tell us about you!!

It is what is and what we Will Make it, Thanks again!