Adaptive intelligence of ASM 3

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

Here is how the adaptive intelligence of ASM 3 works in Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3.  There is adaptive intelligence mild (low) and adaptive intelligence strong.  Adaptive intelligence can also be turned off in a program.  These three options are set by our audiologists and we can have different programs set different ways in our 4 program slots.

Like the name implies- adaptive intelligence mild and strong both change automatically based on the perceived sound (speech, speech in noise, music, etc).

When adaptive intelligence is turned off- our settings remain constant.

I hope this helps a bit.

46B8E10E-FEE3-4194-905B-1FA1266CB806.jpeg

Yes yes, i can look that up in the appointment notes...i can also in the future have . program with it turned off thank you thank you!!!

Today im spending the day with my prog 1 which is alledgedly last program i was using the most before tuning, previous to the most recent appointment. 2 and three are new "tuned" arrays with mild ai. I have program 4 with high so i can use it for groups, I have a roommate i can barely hear, with high ai.

So i need to pay more attention to the ai, maybe have it removed on one.

I remember i still had issues with glass klinks until the tuning, so i was really happy with that, didnt really pay attention to the fluctuations in quality in sounds until after a few days of the tuning.

Ive been requested to go in next week for more research perhaps ill be lucky enough to see the audi, or make an appt with her.

Again thank you so much mb!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

I had a thought.  When I tried using programs set to the NATURAL mic setting I found it too restrictive.  It really is designed to emphasis speech in front of us and I am used to easily hearing speech from behind me or in the next room so it is not a good match for me.

However the adaptive mic setting which kind of zooms in on speech from various directions does not reduce my access to speech from any direction.  Adaptive intelligence strong uses this adaptive mic setting.  You may hear more consistently in your adaptive intelligence strong program.

Definitely worth a try.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:20 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Dianna

I had a thought.  When I tried using programs set to the NATURAL mic setting I found it too restrictive.  It really is designed to emphasis speech in front of us and I am used to easily hearing speech from behind me or in the next room so it is not a good match for me.

However the adaptive mic setting which kind of zooms in on speech from various directions does not reduce my access to speech from any direction.  Adaptive intelligence strong uses this adaptive mic setting.  You may hear more consistently in your adaptive intelligence strong program.

Definitely worth a try.

Yes, i will try tonite with family over. I have been using the first program with new tuning and mild ai. I have not reached max volume yet, so 3 is just louder with med ai, so staying on 2 using 4 alternately for testing.

• 2 months later...

Does the adaptive intelligence only work on ASM 3? I think I just have ASM2.  Thia is all new and strange to me. Nothing was mentioned about this when I got the Sonnet 2. This all gets more and more complicated for me and I'm not hearing better - very frustrating. Thank you , Mary Beth for all the good information you provide. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Betsy

ASM 3 is FDA approved and released in the US.  Check with your audiologist.

Adaptive  intelligence is part of ASM 3 and only available on Sonnet 2 and Rondo 3.

I was aware that the ASM3 is available; however I don't think my audiologist is that knowledgeable re. Med EL.  I didn't ask her when I got my Sonnet 2 because I thought we had enough to deal with just getting me started on that. So I will contact her re. ASM 3 and hope she can get updated on that and get me back there soon. Thanks for the reply. Best wishes for doing well with Chemo.

Hi betsy, i too could not pin my audi down on what version their program is on, i believe it is asm 3. I am frustrated with the change also, but i just learned the other day i have to wait a sec for the ai to work. I had wind noise, i always reflex with cover the mic, but that day i waited 3 seconds and the noise reduced on its own!! So as i relearn how ai works feel free to ask if u have questions as im still "learning" that map!!!

Di