Rondo and Sonnet

putzie

• HearPeers Heroes

With the sonnet, my batteries last right at 2.5 days unless I use a DAI cable or fm system.

The beeps to let me know the battery is about to die is a series of 3 beeps long pause, 3 beeps long pause.... Actually for a while which I don't mind as it gives me time to go change out batteries if I am in the middle of a conversation at work.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Interesting to read about battery life.  I recently upgraded to a SONNET (from OPUS 2 which I'd had for almost 5 years) and although the info was that the two batteries would last 60 hours - my experience has been that it's only between 29 and 32 hours.  I gather it depends on the program - and I do like the Automatic one which picks up all surrounding sound,and expect it uses more energy than a singe focus program.  HOWEVER I do like the SONNET.  It's not a Huge improvement over the OPUS 2 but I am aware of doing better on the whole.  Noisy places (restaurants) and echoes in many venues are still a problem.  My main difficulty is loss of pitch perception - and hence music - but this problem existed before I got my implant.

Cochlear Implants are wonderful - they give you your life back!

Anncham (Ontario Canada)  

• HearPeers Heroes

Anncham

It takes some getting used to to see what program works best in what situation. Here in the U.S. The 2nd mic has not been approved by the FDA yet. I had the opportunity to participate in a study using both mics. I really liked the 3 programs. Just a matter of finding out what you prefer

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to Hearpeers! I am also from Ontario. I currently have only one implant and am looking forward to going bilateral soon!! I love my Sonnet. It is such an improvement over my HAs. I look forward to hearing more about your story if you wish to share!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi, I'm also from Ontario. Welcome to Hearpeers. I have the Rondo and it's totally improved my life.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ontario club is building up here. :)  Quite interesting. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Seems to be a large group from Ontario. Maybe you could all plan to meet?

• HearPeers Heroes

That would be nice but Ontario is so large and Sandy lives about 15 hours from me.

• HearPeers Heroes

WOW!! I knew it was big but not that big

• HearPeers Heroes

Yup one of the largest In Canada.

Hello Ontario people -  yes wouldn't it be great if we could all meet.  I'm in Toronto right now, but was in Ottawa (my home town) previously.  That's where I got my implant - and I miss the Cochlear Implant Support Group in Ottawa which meets monthly and the group is small enough (20 - 25 approx.) so everyone gets to say something if they want.  Lots of information shared.  I try to drive back at least once a year to attend.  (If I was a lot younger and didn't have to board my cat I'd go more often). I love my Sonnet but wish I heard with more clarity on the phone and with TV.  I have the little  "Serene" box which I can position close to me -  and could take to another room but I still need the captions.   I often wonder if my pitch perception problem which I had prior to the implant affects how I hear everything.  Music is noise to me and I miss it a lot - as I am a classical music lover but now I only hear it in my head & memory. Warm wishes to all...      Ann (anncham)

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm n Mississauga at the end of May. I go to London for my next mapping on the 26th and then Spend the weekend in Mississauga, if that helps anyone. Ann, music still sounds like noise to me too but must confess that I haven't practiced much. I prefer the captions. As there is too much noise (music) on the shows.

• HearPeers Heroes

I also have a mapping on the 26 of May. So if you guys can come up with something that's cool. Where do you stay in Mississauga Sandy?

• HearPeers Heroes

That would be nice but Ontario is so large and Sandy lives about 15 hours from me.

Yeah - approximately 20 Croatia would be equivalent of just 1 Ontario :D :D :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe you can set up a support group at your local hospital? May be have the doctors let prospective CI or BB recipients know about the group so they can meet you and ask questions. Kind of like a hearpeers but in person.

• HearPeers Heroes

They did hand out email addresses when I was scheduled for surgery the first time. I find it's hard to email a stranger and say so what's your story!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Just start by introducing yourself and see if they would be interested in getting together. I would assume so as at least in the US, the hospital cannot give out personal information without the patients permission.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Kara, I will be in Mississauga the afternoon of the 27th and returning home on the 28th. I'll have to let you know the address. My friend's son moved and we stay with him.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok that would be awesome. I could meet up with you!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds good Kara. We can firm it up closer to the time. Will PM you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ladies - have a cup of coffee or even a beer for all of us! ;)