Bummer

Lauren

Unfortunate turn of events has me needing to put my CI stuff on hold, sadly. I was to meet with my audiologist in March but the week prior she slipped and broke her leg. When they were able to resume scheduling appointments, our respective schedules couldn’t mesh (with my work, afternoons are best and they only had mornings)… until the 21st and later that is. At which point I’m unavailable for about two months myself. Kinda bummed. I was hoping for an adjustment as my last appointment was setting up my HA and I’ve noticed some changes needed, particularly in regards to the CI/HA “speed” being slightly out of synch again. With the difficulties I’ve had I felt it best to not schedule with another audiologist as they wouldn’t be fully informed on my journey thus far. 🤷‍♀️

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

I am sorry for the delay.  Has your audiologist used the Med-El software to set both of your processors to match the slower processing speed of your hearing aid?

My last appointment in February was my new HA fitting. We’d had a plan to let me live with it for about a month then come in for adjustments. That was to be March 17 but the week prior (or so) is when they had to cancel all of my audiologists appointments due to the slip and fall. They didn’t start scheduling appointments again until after my surgery was set. In the weeks leading up to it, there was limited morning availability and with my work schedule and needing to prepare for being on FMLA for several weeks… it just wouldn’t work out. I’d even asked when afternoons open back up and the day given was April 21… I had to say that’s my surgery date and I’m not available for maybe two months depending on recovery. 

Hi lauren, i am so sorry your appointments could not get synced with your surgery, thats a pisser! 

Im going to pray that your surgery goes well, and recovery is fast and full! Hopefully your audi office gets you in soon!

Take care, di

• 2 weeks later...

Surgery went well and I’m hoping to be discharged tomorrow. I forgot my glasses case but not my Med-El case, and instead of bringing a funky plastic case the hospital provided a small super secure plastic box. Really kept all my stuff secure. Had no issues whatsoever and got a lot of nice comments and questions on it too, even a few on how it works with my HA.

And true to Med-El’s fantastic customer service, the courtesy batteries arrived Wednesday night. That was a huge load off my mind. I was worried about the weight but it’s not too bad actually. As for the mapping… really hoping I’ll be able to go in before the warranty on some stuff expires in June as I do think one of the rechargeable is glitchy. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

If one of your rechargeable batteries is not working correctly, you can contact your Med-El CSR directly and get it replaced now under warranty.  No need to wait to see your audiologist first.  I am glad your surgery went well.  Rest easy.

@Mary Beth

You were so right. They’re getting right on it and my replacement should be here by EOM. I asked about returning the glitchy one and they said don’t bother, just dispose of it safely when the replacement arrives. It doesn’t hold a charge too well so I’ll be doing exactly that. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Glad you got that sorted.  We can always contact our Med-El US CSR directly and have any item under warranty replaced easily.