Linking AudioKey2 to Audiolink with my iPhone

Linda

While streaming to the TV with my Rondo3’s, how do I control the volume with the AudioKey2 app on my iPhone? I use the Fine Tuner Echo now, which doesn’t always work. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Linda

Would it be easier to control the volume by changing the volume on the AudioLink itself?

9118B6DE-6D1B-4DF0-AA93-A368A307375A.jpeg

You’re  probably right, but I should be able to use my iPhone and it’s usually right beside me. Seems like different channels on the TV, some are louder than others, so I do mess with the column. I will take to my rep tomorrow.

Thanks Mary Beth, hope all is well. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Linda

The varying volume levels on our TV are quite shocking.  Especially between recorded shows and the many different streaming platforms versus live TV.  

The problem for me with altering the volume on my processors to adjust for TV volume through the AudioLink is that it impacts the volume of the processor mics which makes listening to my family more challenging.  I wish there was a way to control the AudioLink streaming volume from across the room.  That would also come in handy when the AudioLink is clipped on another person.

But getting back to your original question…..

yes you can use the AudioKey2 app to adjust the volume of Rondo 3.  First you must set up Rondo3 as a paired processor.  Have you seen the video for that?

Thank you for your healing thoughts.  I appreciate it.

Yes , I do use AudioKey2 app to adjust the volumn of both my Rondo3’s, I went bilateral last June, but it doesn’t work if I’m using the Audiolink.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Linda

Something seems strange about that because the Med-El guide tells us to adjust the processor volume.

hmmm… let’s ask @MED-EL Moderator about this.

How do we use the AudioKey2 app to adjust our Rondo 3 processor volume while streaming from the docked AudioLink to TV set up?

Hi, when i watch tv while audlink is in stand, i have to use tv volume or fine tuner volume as the audio2 program disconnects while audio link is "in charge"

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

That is very unfortunate as many people who opt to use the AudioKey2 app as a remote do not use the FineTuner Echo.

I’m hoping we are just missing something. Sure would be nice to put the fine tuner in a drawer and forget about it. 
I have a zoom with my rep scheduled for next week. Will keep you posted.

1 hour ago, Mary Beth said:

@Dianna

That is very unfortunate as many people who opt to use the AudioKey2 app as a remote do not use the FineTuner Echo.

Hi, its not a biggie, i did not use echo, had it in a drawer, for a long time until i wanted to change maps while streaming for experimentation on my personal tv. After tv is turned on and connected, the app disconnects, and i use tv volume. I had to get a new battery for it this week in fact.

• HearPeers Heroes

My original FineTuner’s battery lasted 3 years.  I guess the FineTuner Echo uses up a lot more battery power.

5 hours ago, Dianna said:

Hi, its not a biggie, i did not use echo, had it in a drawer, for a long time until i wanted to change maps while streaming for experimentation on my personal tv. After tv is turned on and connected, the app disconnects, and i use tv volume. I had to get a new battery for it this week in fact.

Sorry about this. I was using the audioapp2 as my remote for some time, fine tuner was away in a drawer.  After my last mapping, i went to change maps while connected to audiolink to discover the app disconnects while im using audio link so dug out the fine tuner to use again. ( i had to get a new battery)

7 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Dianna

On this topic, my direct connection between processors and my Android cell phone is lost.

Once

I was able to establish a direct connection between processors and my cell without the Audio link but it disappeared after a few days and I cannot reestablish it.

Amy help would be appreciated

• HearPeers Heroes

@Richard G

Have you tried pairing your Rondo 3 with the AudioKey2 app again?  First be sure to have the most recent AudioKey2 app on your phone.

This may help as well.  It gives you an email for direct help.

E3857A13-415F-4437-86EA-AFB13D23C8E3.jpeg

Thanks a lot, Mary Beth for a quick response.

Yes, i have tried to install the latest. What bothers me is that I should be able to link my processors directly with my phone and it worked with all other cell phones I used. This new with Android 11 worked for a while then it dropped. My Bluetooth shows that both processors are paired with the phone and so is Audio link but I cannot reestablish a direct connection between the processors and the phone without the Audio link and that was always a great feature as I did not have to carry Audio link to be able to adjust programs, volume, sensitivity etc. I read somewhere on this forum that it happens but I can't find that post. Any ideas? I will reinstall Audio link program again and see what happens.

Thanks again

• HearPeers Heroes

@Richard G

Maybe have your phone forget the Rondo 3.  Then make sure AudioLink is off.  Go into the AudioKey2 app and choose direct BT connect (do not choose connect through AudioLink). And pair the Rondo 3 again.

If this is still a problem tomorrow, contact Med-El US in house audiology for help.

Thanks Mary Beth. You are absolutely the best of the best. Priceless advice and always fast and friendly.

It worked and hopefully it will stay that way.

Thank you so much.

Hello there,

regarding Linda and Mary Beth's questions:

We suggest to establish the connection from RONDO 3 to the AudioKey 2 via AudioLink, instead of having a direct connection.

image.png

This is selected at the beginning of the connection. This type of connection can also be added after, in the profile, be clicking the upper right menu and selecting  ‘Pair audio processor’.

If the connection is made via AudioLink, the app can then be used to change the settings.

Let us know if you still encounter issues.

Kind Regards,

Giulia

Thank you. 

I diagnosed my problem with direct connection. It was my new cell phone. It dropped connection every time it was burned off but it held connection  via the Audiilink. I returned the phone.

I like having both connections which allows me to control my processors without having the Audiolink with me every time.

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator Giulia

Switching back and forth between connecting AudioKey2 via AudioLink versus connecting AudioKey2 with a direct BT connection is needed in order to control the processor volume while using AudioLink and being able to use the app as a remote separate from AudioLink?  Is this also true for Sonnet2 or can Sonnet2 continue to use the AudioKey2 app as a remote while AudioLink is actively streaming?