Newhearing

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck to new hearing who will be activated today. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I am sitting here waiting to go in!! Will let you all know how it goes whe. I get home!! Thanks for all the postive energy!!! I really feel honoured to be a member of this group!! Talk soon! Kara

• HearPeers Heroes

You are gonna do great. Have fun and although it can be a nervous time, try to enjoy it.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Been to many Audi appointments but this is a whole new ball game!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara,

It's the start of the best Audi appointments you will ever have.

• HearPeers Heroes

So, it went extremely well. I can hear voices and some sounds. When she turned it on it made a great big noise. Like when you turn on your computer and and it chimes. It was shocking. Voices are very high pitched it seems but over all I only really hear voices. Not much back ground noise. I got this great huge box with that was crazy!! Adam you must have walked out of your appointment like you had just been shopping!!! All is good. I will update you all again later as the day progresses.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Did some ab clix can't hear n sounds yet. But got 45% the first time!! I must be doing good!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh I can't stand the noise or clinking sound of dishes. Blows my mind!! Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

Pretty much, I got 2 of everything. Everything for me the first time was high pitched. My Audi was a dead ringer for Alvin the chipmunk. Dishes and silverware drove me up a wall so when I went back, we turned electrode 12 down a bit until I got used to it

I would have to say you had a very successful activation. So happy for you. Keep us updated. Also take plenty of notes for your first mapping

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam. Everything your saying is right on!! Well no Alvin yet but close!! Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

Some people sounded like white noise or static. Others sounded like cartoon characters.

My close friends and family sounded the most "normal". More echo and tinny. Unless they raised their voice then they sounded like they inhaled helium. Luckily this didn't last too long. Once my brain started to figure things out, it started to fall into place and I really started making headway.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's bang on too. Going to push on. How long did you do your training on the first couple of days? Oh and both micro phones are on.

• HearPeers Heroes

I can't wait to have the dual mics activated!

You will know when it's time to take a break. Listen to your brain.

• HearPeers Heroes

As much as you can but don't push yourself too hard.

Yay! Excellent news! :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah I needed a break!! I felt like my head was going to explode!! Now we're good. Found some goodchildrens books to go with and my kids need some reading help their teachers suggested it. So we listened together!! A bonding moment and training all in one!!

• HearPeers Heroes

So I am done hearing for the day!! Feeling slightly over stimulated so I am turning everything off!! Wow what a good first day!! Did a little training about 45 minutes today. That was over stimulating as well. My husband reports that I don't speak so loud now. As loud noise is too much. Thanks to all the Hear Peers that helped me out and cheered me on!! I would recommend this group to anyone!! It's truly a miraculous start for sure!! Thanks guys!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• HearPeers Heroes

It sounds (no pun intended) like you had a great day. Take your time and enjoy. It gets better and better. My audiologist turned electrode 12 off to start. Keep us informed of your progress.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, at the end of my first day, I couldn't wait to take them off. It will get much easier. Your brain has a lot of sounds to learn. I agree with everyone. Practice as often as you can but give yourself breaks as well. The children's books are a great idea because you are already familiar with them. Medel has some listening exercises. You can also practice with your husband. Write a brief conversation on 2 pieces of paper. As your husband says it, you can read along. Also reading while saying it out loud helps. There are a lot of exercises out there

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks I started angel sounds today. Found it very quiet though. I turned up my processor and changed it to the louder program. Just isn't helping. Guess it's the turtle race. Slow and. Steady. Also done ab clix. Just canters one sounds. Oh well. It all new so I have to be patient! Not my key strength lol

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah I wasn't too crazy about having to develop my patience :D

It is totally worth it in the end

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah I think it will be!! Went for a walk didn't hear much. PATIENCE I guess. Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara,

It's a journey and not a straight one at that. You will find that when you move up in programs initially it is awesome and then as your nerve settles in to the stimulation, things become too quiet. This happens to all of us at the beginning of the journey. Sometimes you get a new map and it takes time to adjust to it. You actually move backwards a bit before you leap forward.

It's amazing but it does require patience.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 1