Newhearing

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, we got a huge dump again. Sun came out but still had to shovel! More expected next week! The joys of Canada. Should have stayed in Arizona a couple more weeks, the temperature is 33 degrees Celsius today. Two days of snow, Ivana. Let's trade places!

Yes Ivana lets trade places!!!

Anytime girls!  :wub:

We have very popular joke about life in Canada and snow has a critical moment in it!  :D

I will translate it to you later... ;)  :P

• HearPeers Heroes

We had no snow. Just about right for our area

Snow is more common for my place but some years it just does not show up as it should... But - now we got a bill: allergies and asthma attacks are harder than usually...:(

• HearPeers Heroes

A saying here in the Southeast,

If you don't like the weather outside, just wait 10 minutes and it will change

• HearPeers Heroes

We're not of such luck... Weather does not change here so fast... 

• HearPeers Heroes

This is it - I have found a YT link. Please, have in mind that this joke can be little bit offensive and I apologize in advance. 

- there is a translation of what a male voice is speaking. :)

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So the latest news for me is that my speech comp has improved in a quiet setting. Yay for seven on months! My Audi also said they will be considering me for next years surgery list. They will discuss in the fall. So no for sures yet. Also as for rechargeable batteries they will be released in Canada starting September 1. Med el will send them to us. No extra charge. Two smalls and two large ones. That's the standard set.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Fingers crossed for your chance at becoming bilateral next year. Great on improving speech scores. We don't have a date yet in the US for the rechargeable battery kits and not sure if we get to choose which kit or if they just send everyone the same kit.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sabre at news Kara. We will keep our fingers crossed.

• HearPeers Heroes

That should have said great news. Spell check, grrr

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks ladies!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay! Great news about - great news! :P

We`ll keep our fingers crossed, even if they fall off...:D

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara, I am sure you will win this nomination for the second CI. I hope you told your audiologist and co. how many children you have and how it is important for you to be able to locate them easily by noise they made :)

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Cara! I have told them I have four kids. They are not quiet that's for sure!! Locating a sound is still an issue. I ordered a artone tvb+ so it may help me at church. Can't wait for it to arrive!! It's a wireless mic that works with the artone neckloop I got in the sonnet kit.

• HearPeers Heroes

Unfortunately, sound locating will remain yours (as it is mine also) issue up to the moment we don`t get implant for the other side...;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah. I know I know!! Well we can be partners then??!!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah. I know I know!! Well we can be partners then??!!

We`re always partners - I have left side, and if you have implant on the right side... We can be - Dolby Surround System... :P  :P  :P

• HearPeers Heroes

That's awesome!! Put er there pardner!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

To my bionic buddies! Had a wonderful night last night. I went to a support group for people with hearing loss. Little did I know it was mostly people who speak ASL. They were very welcoming. It was basically 19 people with various levels of hearing loss. Some unable to speak and others hear very ltttle. You guys get the picture. Low and behold there was another women there who had an implant like me!! She was implanted in 2008. She has an AB implant. She was even implanted by the same surgeon as me!! Her name is Linda!! What a small world we live in!! Just had to share!! Talk soon gang!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Great experience Kara! :)

What are you discussing on your meetings? How do you communicate?

• HearPeers Heroes

The people mostly use ASL but since I am not fluent they wil speak and sign. Those who can anyway. So I'm trying to learn.

So, it went extremely well. I can hear voices and some sounds. When she turned it on it made a great big noise. Like when you turn on your computer and and it chimes. It was shocking. Voices are very high pitched it seems but over all I only really hear voices. Not much back ground noise. I got this great huge box with that was crazy!! Adam you must have walked out of your appointment like you had just been shopping!!! All is good. I will update you all again later as the day progresses.

I got that too, it felt like Christmas almost lol I walked out with three giant boxes of stuff!

• HearPeers Heroes

The people mostly use ASL but since I am not fluent they wil speak and sign. Those who can anyway. So I'm trying to learn.

Cool! Keep tryin'... :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I got that too, it felt like Christmas almost lol I walked out with three giant boxes of stuff!

Yes it was quite awesome! I got mine in December so it felt like Christmas!!! Keep us posted on your journey!!

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Understanding TV easily varies from person to person.  There are assistive listening devices that may help if you are having trouble with that at this time.  Check out handsonhearing.com