Newhearing

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay! This is great review - hope that many people find it useful.  I am trying to finish all aspects of my review - hope I will be at least 10% eloquent as your's review is, Kara! ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

I saw this on their BLOG. Congratulations Kara

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

The next phase begins! Rechargeable batteries!! 

• 7 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So I just had a new mapping. Found my old one was lagging. It is so much better!! I got a "proper" adaptive program. My old was was only adaptive which capped at 70%. Also I still had improvements in my speech perception in noise and in quiet. So amazing at 20 months!! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I am glad you like your new MAPs.  That is terrific.

What do you mean by "proper" adaptive program?

Med El said that our choices in adaptive are

-always adaptive

-auto adaptive at 55 dB

-auto adaptive at 60 dB

Each of these can have windblock set to off, mild or strong.

Each of these can have sensitivity set at a percentage.

Which version of adaptive are you enjoying now?  Always adaptive windblock off sensitivity at 75% is my favorite except when using omni with over the ear headphones for music.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi! Thanks. Well before I had an adaptive program which was for only loud sounds that would make them softer at 70 gain or something. So now it's at 50 or 60. She didn't specify. Not liking this audi so much. I only have adaptive and omni programs. She didn't tell which spots she put the new ones. Either in 1 or 2. But I'll have to email for specifics. 

• 2 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So I haven’t heard for sure  but the hospital will contact me in a couple weeks if I get my bilateral surgery next year  I will be part of a research study into bilateral recipients if that’s the case  so everyone pray and cross your fingers that it goes ahead!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, Kara, I am so glad to hear that! Fingers crossed of course :) Keep us updated, please.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well everyone, you finger crossing and prayers worked! I am scheduled for the testing and implantation in March! I’ll have the testing in January. So it’s finally ok to say I’ll be bilateral in April!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

So glad for you Kara! Waiting for March with you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 04/12/2017 at 5:21 PM, Kara of Canada said:

Thanks guys!?❤️

Good news finally @Ivana Marinac

Aaaahhh! - YES! :wub: :D - so happy for you... soon, I might join you on the bilateral path... stay tuned...

P.S.: did they make any scans to see how things go with the other ear taking into account certain issues at you first implantation? :huh:

• HearPeers Heroes

I’m excited for you @Ivana Marinac  no new scans since after implantation. I don’t see the surgeon till January. I’ll ask then. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Will see - I am still in the grey area without an actual date of implantation. I did receive few promises as using Adhear and combining it with the BB would ask too many efforts.

Of course, this is a good question - for him. Hope this will go much smoother.... 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks @Ivana Marinac  I will also keep you in mind as I go to see my surgeon. Have any other good questions to ask? 

• HearPeers Heroes

Well, perhaps the length of your electrode would be expected question... Hard to predict more except the anatomical issues of implantation although everything went perfectly well with your first implant...

• HearPeers Heroes
5 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

Fingers crossed for you too @Ivana Marinac!

Thanks - this is something that is in constant, although slow progress... Hope that Cara and I will celebrate our bilaterality - together! :)