Newhearing

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I have been noticing that my hearing journey is unique. I hope that no. Ew or otherwise is offended by my journey. Not to say it is easy, I just don't want anyone to feel down or shafted that their journey is somewhat different from mine. I am not here to gloat or bring myself above others. Just saying.

Then the meaning of this forum would be ...? ;):D

Just write whatever you find interesting...:)

• HearPeers Heroes

I just had to put it out there! I so enjoy this forum as a wonderful new adventure to my day. Makes me feel needed and wanted with those who share my journey and can relate.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Anyone have problems with the processor staying up on the ear? I am finding that it slides down behind the ear and rubs a bit making the ear a but sore. Anyone? Audi suggested an ear old to hold it up.

• HearPeers Heroes

You can use toupe tape possibly

Or just two sided tape of some kind

• HearPeers Heroes

They also sell accessories to keep the processors on children's ears, these might work as well

• HearPeers Heroes

So back to Audi today for appt three!! She is going to turn on my telcoil today for my Bluetooth so excited!!

• HearPeers Heroes

So back from Audi. We didn't turn on the telecoil. We will wait till next visit. December 29. She wants me to get more used to a louder setting so she turned off electrode 12 on one program for me to get used to. I am doing well. We did a hearing test today as well. I still have some residual hearing in my implanted ear! I was shocked. The surgeon did a good job! I bumped into my surgeon in the hallway actually and he knew me right away! He was asking how things were going. I told him well!! He was happy. So training fort he nest few weeks to Continue.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Kara, I had electrode 12 turned off as well and it was quite some time before I could tolerate it being switched on. Great to hear your test went well. The only hearing I have in my implanted ear is if someone closes a cupboard door and I can hear my own voice.

• HearPeers Heroes

Well she said a jet engine would be noticeable. I can hear my own voice. That's about it. She gave me four programs two without electrode 12 and two with it on. I have tolerated electrode 12 up till now. It was turned up to the max though. She wanted me to focus on getting a louder setting so the other electrodes could catch up. Without electorde 12 everything sounds so garbled. Sort of like someone speaking through cotton in their mouth.

• HearPeers Heroes

When an electrode is turned off, our electrode arrays shift the sound targeted for that electrode to other electrodes. It takes a bit for our brains to sort it all out sometimes.

• HearPeers Heroes

I had #12 turned off for a little while as well. Taking silverware and dishes out of the dishwasher were like nails on a chalkboard. After a while, we turned it back on, then gradually over time turned it up where it should be. Makes a big difference in hearing but WOW it took some getting used too

• HearPeers Heroes

Well I like electrode 12. I have a setting that has it there. I have finally turned up the sensitivity. I didn't realize that it would turn up the volume setting as well I was stuck on the program without the electorde 12 as the volume was the loudest. But found that if I turned up the sesitivity it would increase the volume setting who knew?? Lol. Much. Better with electrode 12.

• HearPeers Heroes

So yesterday was the one month mapping. Not too mutant adjustments were made. I will start a new training program. Listening just to audiobooks and also telephone training!! Crazy how things change so fast!! I never thought I would use the phone again so soon!! I haven't used the phone properly for 5 years!! I did for a few years with speaker phone but gave that up about 2 years ago.

• HearPeers Heroes

Actually she did some low tone threshold adjustments as they were very low and she hadn't done that before. Hopefully to allow me to hear those low tones.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara

I would still keep a log of what your hearing the environment and what it sounds like. This will really help fine tune things and make it easier for the Audi. Just a thought

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks I will Continue to add things to my journal.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey here's a funny for you guys! It was a shocker for me, my husband said to me after turning on the radio "is it too loud for you??" Wow that's the first time I'm my life for me!! Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

You will have more of those. That's awesome Kara