Newhearing

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So today's news!! I'm going bilateral! They have to take the hearing test scores to the team meeting and then I will meet with the surgeon again. My Audi will email me as soon as she knows for sure from the team that is.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hope you are having a wonderful trip Sandy! You can do it too Sandy!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

That's the news, Kara! Congrats! I am very glad for you!

• HearPeers Heroes

So today's news!! I'm going bilateral! They have to take the hearing test scores to the team meeting and then I will meet with the surgeon again. My Audi will email me as soon as she knows for sure from the team that is.

Yay!

Great news!!!

How hard working does pay off... :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Kara, any more news on going bilateral? Do you have a date? Which implant are you going with? I have the Sonota but now there is the synchrony. Can't remember offhand which you have now. I would assume synchrony.

• HearPeers Heroes

I have concerto. No news yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Well backwards news. They haven't decided to do my second implant. They only have received my letter an agree to look into it. I recently emailed my Audi and she said they discuss them in the fall since they only consider 5-10 people for a second implant. They als usually wait a year before making any considerations. So a backwards step. But still have my foot in the door. So wait and see

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, Kara, lets think about it as a short delay. Yes, fingers crossed.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes I know! It's still frustrating. But today is a beautiful day!! Not snowing or raining. Full sunshine!!

• HearPeers Heroes

No - don't take it as a step backward, just a little delay. Consider this as an extra time so you can have even better score recognition test which will persuade them that you are ideal candidate. I do understand them also - you have to have a really good reasons to give someone 2nd implant when somebody perhaps do not have even one. 

So - patience! ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

We will keep our fingers crossed, Kara. I know audiologists are advocating with the Ontario government so adults can go bilateral. Maybe this will be the year it happens. Yesterday was beautiful. Today we are back to snow.

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh man!! I don't really want anymore snow this year!! I agree with you sandy. I sure hope it works.

• HearPeers Heroes

Where I am, we had 2 days in total of snow - this year...:( :( :(

• HearPeers Heroes

Here we go again!! Snow!!! April is here!!! Oh well. Summer will be here soon!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, we got a huge dump again. Sun came out but still had to shovel! More expected next week! The joys of Canada. Should have stayed in Arizona a couple more weeks, the temperature is 33 degrees Celsius today. Two days of snow, Ivana. Let's trade places!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Ivana lets trade places!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

We had no snow. Just about right for our area