Sonnet Voucher

Ms_D

• HearPeers Heroes

If it is black with lack like it is on BB, it is very classy and stylish color. I have sand color and it is not nearly stylish :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Actually I made mistake - I thought to write: lacquer finish. Soooooorrryyyyy! :P

Why does the mic cover have to be replaced every 3 months?  How much does it cost?  It should be covered under insurance.  I do know that with HSA, you can use your HSA fund for anything that is necessary for your hearing device.

• HearPeers Heroes

Check with your CSR. My CRS checked it out and it is not covered even though I have great insurance that even covers monthly batteries. It's to preserve sound quality due to dust etc.

• HearPeers Heroes

My audi told me that it is not nessesary to change the mic cover every three months. She advised to do it only if the cover becomes durty and affects  sound quality. She told that some people need to do it more often, but some people do it a couple times per year depending on their personal excretion, activities, CI maintenance, environmental pollution, and climate

• HearPeers Heroes

Every resonate might be a little different. On a conservative side, I would guess that MEDEL says every 3 months to cover everybody. I am not out in the dust dirt and high temps every day so ( for me) I think I can extend it a bit. I think the best bet is to talk to your Medel rep and give the person an idea of what your daily life is like. This might help you figure things out. Until then, I would go with MEDELs recommendations.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Ho ho ho, I got my Quattro 4.0 system. Great timing - today is my one month post activation appointment. Thank you Med El! Going to start a new era in my rehab.

Waiting for more parcel  soon with rechargeable batteries and a charger :)

Cara, do you mean you are waiting for the rechargeable batteries for the Sonnet?

That is great if they have been released already.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi PHarrell,

Yes, I am waiting for the rechargeable batteries, the second mic, and some additional functions Med El promised to release in USA for the Sonnet.

But there is still no specific time frame when it is going to happen. I am just hoping to get it shortly.

I didn't expect to recieve my Quattro so fast. It took less that a month to get it after I sent my voucher to Med El.

So, I have allowed myself to dream about everything else awaited to be available for us soon.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Sure hope your one month post activation appointment went well Cara. Enjoy your Quattro4.

• HearPeers Heroes

Donna in answer to your question, the mic cover protects the mic from debris from every day use. It can lower the sound quality if not replaced. Check with your Medel rep about cost. I pay 15.00 U.S. Per cover. Some people can go longer than the recommended time.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara

Let us know how you like the Quattro.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am curious as well as far as your 1 month mapping.

• HearPeers Heroes

I like my new mapping much better that the previous one. I am going to start a new topic about mapping experience. It seems to me we don't discussed it separately here.

Will start playing seriously with the Quattro tonight and over weekend. Yesterday something was wrong with it but I was so tired after activation, that told myself  that "I will think about that tomorrow" (remember Scarlet O'Hara).
Yesterday it was something like a rise of the machines - nothing electronic I had worked properly. Even my car could not connect to my cell.

Funny thing - I got a pair of earbuds with my Quattro set. There is no way to use it for people like me. But my son likes it.

• HearPeers Heroes

If you just have a new mapping, you might want to give the new map a chance before experimenting.

When I opened my Quattro I saw the earbuds as well. My first thought was, well that's pointless. I had to remind myself that the Quattro works with hearing aids also.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hard to imagine how to squeeze HA moldings with tips and that earbuds together inside an ear canal.

I feel very comfortable with my new map. And I am not going experimenting too hard with the Quattro using it all the time. I want to learn to be very good with the processor only. But I do feel I am ready start practicing with the phone and ALDs will come handy here. I don't have any expectations or specific goals and tasks set regarding Quattro use. Just want to figure out what I can get from it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Great way to look at it Cara. It should help with the phone. The DAI cables really help with the phone. At this point I don't use anything if talking on the phone except for the fine tuner. If it is louder than I would like, I put it on the t setting so I hear the speaker only

• HearPeers Heroes

I believe the earbuds are for people who use the Bluetooth neckloop and have either full hearing or only slight hearing loss. Since the neckloop has a volume adjustment, people with minimal hearing loss could use it to increase the volume compared to regular headphones. I gave mine away too.

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara there is a specific telephone training program by cochlear Americas I used it for a month and I can successfully use the phone now. It's not perfect I would say about a 90% improvement for me. I haven't really used the phone up till now for about five years.

• HearPeers Heroes

It's worth a shot!!

Can you put here a link?