The chatty forum

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't believe it either!! Happy April fools day!! Lol

• HearPeers Heroes

I don't believe that Cara. April Fools Day! Heading home today. The joke is on them! More snow!

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks girls that sometimes you don't believe me :)

Sandy, I hope you found snow pretty fascinating after all that AZ heat. The last winter we have only 40 minutes of snow. I was lucky to catch it on my camera. Miss this moment now when we have the summer started so early.

[/url]">http://http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/nornam/media/SNOW%202015_zpshcfgja69.jpg.html'>SNOW%202015_zpshcfgja69.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

That's what we're having right now. Supposed to snow through the night.

• HearPeers Heroes

I get home in two days, Cara, and we've already threatened to turn around and go back if it's still snowing. We get snow usually from the end of October until end of March or even into May. If you'd like to trade places, I'm willing.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, but "no" thank you :)

It is what I had in Russia: 5-6 months of snow.

I like that way to miss the snow and when it is completely unbearable I can drive 25 minutes over the pass to get as much snow as I want.

[/url]">http://http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/nornam/media/DSC_0016_zpsjjc2b5fb.jpg.html'>DSC_0016_zpsjjc2b5fb.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Huh... so much snow I haven't seen ... for - some time. And I like this kind of landscapes... I can't help to myself...:(

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Professor Gell-mann is an interesting character like his late Cal Tech colleague Richard Fenyman. His book "The Quark and the Jaguar" is a good read.

Tomorrow I should get “The Quark and The Jaguar” delivered. Decided not to wait for several months to get it in our library system and ordered it on Amazon. I should get Marcia Bartusiak’s Unfinished Symphony soon.  Other books, you advised me to read, are not available in the public library. And they cost a little fortune if to buy them. ..

But I was able to get acquainted with Richard Feynman’s writing (started with his “Six Easy Pieces” to continue with “GED” and "Classic Feynman". The last book has CD with Feynman lectures. Going to use it for my rehab.

I do like the way Mr. Feynman communicated his ideas. And I need to say he was a brave man to refuse considering math as a natural science because its validity is not based on experiment. Perhaps, in his time it was not a big deal to think so. Ok, remind me how poor Cybernetics was defined primarily as an art :)

After Mr. Feynman mentioned psychology/psychoanalysis in relation of physics with other sciences I felt that I also can be brave to read something of David Bohm. Hope I won’t regret

Scientists study properties of GWs

[/url]">http://4LpVWSSp9DU_zpsk1tlvzzi.jpg

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Beautiful dog Cara

Now living in the south, I miss the snow

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, Adam. He is good looking puppy with a nice personality. Now, he is almost two times more beautiful than on that pic - 83 vs 47 lbs :)

• HearPeers Heroes

83?? That's a big boy. Looks like Rottweiler. Am I correct?

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam,

You are correct this is a rottie puppy. And he is growing.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, Adam. He is good looking puppy with a nice personality. Now, he is almost two times more beautiful than on that pic - 83 vs 47 lbs  :)

Is this his Christmas tree? :P

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam,

You are correct this is a rottie puppy. And he is growing.

An interesting choice of breed, I have to admit...:P

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara

I imagine he will get over 100 pounds pretty easily. Better stock up on food

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah, he is going to be somewhere around 100 lbs. We keep him on the lean side but each month I buy a 25 lbs bad of kibbles for him.

An interesting choice of breed, I have to admit... :P

It is a result of my failure to establish an unlimited monarchy in our family :)

This is a long term commitment with a ton of responsibilities. But, on the other hand, he brings us a lot of joy.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Is this his Christmas tree? :P

No, it is my way to keep winter season not so gloomy.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah, he is going to be somewhere around 100 lbs. We keep him on the lean side but each month I buy a 25 lbs bad of kibbles for him.

It is a result of my failure to establish an unlimited monarchy in our family :)

This is a long term commitment with a ton of responsibilities. But, on the other hand, he brings us a lot of joy.

Just kiddin' ;) - my favourite breed is - German Sheperd dog... I had it once and - he was such a character... I missed him...:( :(

On the other side, the guy of my life  <_<  adores English buldogs and similar breeeds... Not sinchronized here at all... :lol:  :lol:

• HearPeers Heroes

Dogs and cats can be a very good friends. So, why not to try to befriend English bulldog with GS..... :)

Our second dog is a Chihuahua mix according to his DNA test (which is hard to accept as he is lean but 65 lbs / 24" at the withers).

And they both love each other dearly.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hmmm....interesting DNA test results. That would be one tall Chihuahua!

• HearPeers Heroes

We asked the company that performed our DNA test if there is some possibility of mistake. They checked our sample and confirmed that he is a pure bred Chihuahua in third generation from one side and some unrecognizable mix from another (they could distinguish some genes from a Gordon Setter and Miniature Pincher but told us there is more presents).

[/url]">http://http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/nornam/media/P1010136_zps6l6l2ynn.jpg.html'>P1010136_zps6l6l2ynn.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

Very cute bunch Cara

• HearPeers Heroes

Beautiful and does have body and head characteristics of chihuahua family.

• HearPeers Heroes