The chatty forum

Kara of Canada

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow hadron!! Way above my unerstanding. By the way, I have been called worse. Consider yourself lucky :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, Hadron, sorry. Edited that my post already. Hope that my lapse sounded flattering for men' ears. Sorry -_-

May be I can call you LHC for short to avoid any indecency on this forum?

I felt happy while reading about your path. If I could change something in my past.... I'd definitely look more at the night sky.

Ok, need to learn how to manipulate Space-time continuum :D.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, before I worked in a scientific field. But it was so many years ago, so it isn't worth any mention.

I do like my new profession with all challenges and tension it brings - it is just the right thing for me to communicate with different kinds of people (despite of my hearing problem), working on computer, displaying the reality in numbers, resolving problems on time..... Kind of having a competition with myself each day - always winner :)

Thanks, Adam, I am doing really good. Very interesting to observe how your body deals with  "CI intervention". Each day there is something new. But cannot complain.

Excellent attitude :D

Scientific field? :huh:  interesting... ;)

• HearPeers Heroes

Want to take some rest but cannot, cannot catch up with all your posts, guys :)

No, no... :(

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara,

What did you call me? Check your spelling.

As a young child I was infatuated by the night sky. During high school I volunteered at the Harvard Smithsonian Observatory and later attended the university for undergraduate studies.

I am currently an experimental high energy physicist studying the behavior of the smallest forms of matter and it's interaction with energy and how gravity can be described in those terms. A young field called quantum gravity.

Fascinating...! :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, Hadron, sorry. Edited that my post already. Hope that my lapse sounded flattering for men' ears. Sorry -_-

May be I can call you LHC for short to avoid any indecency on this forum?

I felt happy while reading about your path. If I could change something in my past.... I'd definitely look more at the night sky.

Ok, need to learn how to manipulate Space-time continuum :D.

"I do not know where I am going, but I am on my way."

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere."

- Carl Sagan

How appropriate in more, than just space, life circumstances ... :P

• HearPeers Heroes

I know where I am going to -  to a psychoanalytic. Hope, Mr. Boson has forgiven me.

Ivana, please, can you correct my spelling in the quote from that my post you used in your following post :)

• HearPeers Heroes

I know where I am going to -  to a psychoanalytic. Hope, Mr. Boson has forgiven me.

Ivana, please, can you correct my spelling in the quote from that my post you used in your following post :)

Huh gladly :) - but too tired after whole day: I just can't find what I should correct. :(

• HearPeers Heroes

Your posted it yesterday @4:42am - the post where you mentioned the occupation of your father. Thank you so much :)

Rest up, please. Waiting to hear from you tomorrow!

• HearPeers Heroes

Your posted it yesterday @4:42am - the post where you mentioned the occupation of your father. Thank you so much :)

Rest up, please. Waiting to hear from you tomorrow!

Find it - and corrected! :)

I knew I have seen it somewhere but I couldn't focus :(

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara,

Completely forgiven. No problem.

My brother and sister are accountant and financial manager respectively. They enjoy the challenges they face everyday and find my work very boring. It is good to see someone similar to their background whom finds my area of work interesting. Keep asking questions.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok, my question for today - Did you know that beautiful story about Howard P. Robertson doubting Einstein doubting Gravitational waves?

http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday/article/58/9/10.1063/1.2117822

• HearPeers Heroes

Cara,

Completely forgiven. No problem.

My brother and sister are accountant and financial manager respectively. They enjoy the challenges they face everyday and find my work very boring. It is good to see someone similar to their background whom finds my area of work interesting. Keep asking questions.

I am a doc / but I am constantly fascinated with all kinds of jobs... Not kidding - just can find interesting aspects everywhere. Perhaps it is the influence of my experience where I have done many jobs until now.

• HearPeers Heroes

Robertson was a bright guy. He is well known to General Relativity (GR) and cosmology students because of the Robertson Walker Metric. A cosmological model which calculates the distance between two events in four dimensional curved spacetime.

Yes a good story. I will add a little to it.

Einstein and his colleague Rosen wrote a paper doubting gravity waves and sent it to Physical Review Journal for publishing. Now Einstein never had his papers anonymously reviewed like other submitters, his went straight to publishing. However with this paper the editor had a bad feeling about it and had it anonymously reviewed by Robertson whom was know for his detailed knowledge of GR. Robertson found a coordinate system error. The editor was scared to tell Einstein and instead told a friend of Einstein. The friend then told Einstein whom was furious his paper was reviewed and pulled it from Physical Review. A while later a similar paper was published by Einstein in a lesser known journal. This paper predicted gravity waves instead of doubting them. It also fixed the error uncovered by Robertson.

• HearPeers Heroes

Absolutely fascinating for me, too….. in many aspects….

It is why, Hadron, I don’t understand people who think that science is something boring… Ok perhaps it is more correct to say it depend on observer’s perspective and thus quite relative  :)

But in this story we can see such an intensity of emotion, thoughts, and moral attitude even if everything else discussed in this article sounds as nonsense for us!

Ivana, I am agree with you that we can find interesting aspects everywhere. Moreover, the science (the High science, too) is not limited by any walls.

The docs deal with many aspects of it each day – people are such an electromagnetic creatures with complicated chemical determination.

Modern medicine uses scientific knowledge (sometimes very advanced) to understand our body structure, functions and to treat people.

Hopefully we can put GWs aside for a while in this context. But believe me that topic can affect a mental health of common folks a lot :D

Even accounting based on the classic law of mass conservation – I mean the double-entry system.

Thank both of you this conversation. Sorry, no more chatting for today – need to finish my work and take my puppy to a training class. And I have to control myself when discussing Creation J

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Hadron, I think your story proves the point that no matter how smart you are, how long you have been doing something. You never stop learning. Once you think you have learned all, this is not good

• HearPeers Heroes

As this is our chatty forum, I thought I would share a WOW moment-to-be. I will become a great aunt on September 1st and am looking forward to hearing all the sounds a newborn makes. I missed this with the 5 nieces and nephews I already have. To be continued...

• HearPeers Heroes

That is so awesome Sandy!!! Happy for you and the rest of the family!

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, Sandy! I am so glad for you! Such a great news and you are ready now!

• HearPeers Heroes

You will love it Sandy!! Little smiles are my favourite!!

• HearPeers Heroes

This a vent!! I can't stand it when my Drs. Offic called me and asks me to take down some information on paper. I have asked them 4-5 times for them to accommodate me as a deaf person and send me an email!! There response is we can't do that. Then I have to remind them of their stupidity and tell them about the accommodation again. Vent over!! Yes I have physically spoken with all three secretaries about it and they all agreed. So dumb!!!!