My Journey

Ms_D

I returned to work today.  It wasn't too bad, but I've gotten used to resting and laying around to heal that I was longing to do that.  Now staying busy with work and finish preparing for my high school reunion this Saturday.

• HearPeers Heroes

Enjoy your week. It's nice to get back into our routines. Try to take it easy when you can.

Thanks.  I haven't really been able to relax much over the weekend, but hoping to after work each day since we won't have any pressing issues. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I can now make it official: I did get the job.  So my husband and I will be relocating by the end of August. :-)  What an amazing year!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Way to go Donna! That's terrific!

Thanks!  It's exciting.  Finding a place to live is the stressful part right now, but I believe we will find something definite soon. :-)

• HearPeers Heroes

My congrats, Donna. Hope you find a great new place soon without stress. Take all the fun from your situation :)

Thanks.  We are still searching for a place to live and have been stressed with the searching issue for a bit, but we did take a side trip this weekend while we were searching to be able to have some fun.  That helps, but we can't keep making trips to look for a place to live, so hopefully we will be able to find/settle on something real soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

Best of luck Donna. I'm sure something will turn up soon.

Thanks!  We were first looking to purchase our very first home.  However, with time running out, we are considering renting for about 6 months as we search for a home. :-)  As of right now (that is, unless they changed the date I am supposed to start my new position), I have 1.5 months before I start my new position.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow that will lead to some stressful times but remember to take time out for you and your husband to just relax and things will work out!! Best of luck again.

Activation Day is tomorrow. :-)  Work then Activation then back to work.  What a day - but at least it will be Activation Day!!!

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Will be in our thoughts...

• HearPeers Heroes

Best of luck!!

Thanks.  It went well.  Voices, for the most part, only sounded like a robot for a few minutes.  Right now I am experiencing echo.  I think I may have experienced this when I was first activated in my right ear last year. Hopefully the echo will go away soon.  :-)  Oh, and right now the tinnitus is active right now, but that may be due to the first day wearing the device. :-)

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Great - are you listening bilateral or already started to train newly implanted ear?

Thanks!  I'm wearing my processor every day.  Right now, I'm experiencing a lot of sounds in the background - actually sounds similar to wearing a hearing aid and the ear mold of the hearing aid is not all the way in the ear - squealing kind of...and bells sounding at times - especially when water or the air conditioner is on.  Although I don't remember experiencing this after my first activation, I am thinking it is just part of getting used to and adjusting to wearing and hearing with the implant.  I am looking forward to improving hearing and all the WOW! moments along the journey. :-)  I'm not complaining.

• HearPeers Heroes

My second CI started like marimba and whale songs so I can relate! Stay the course. Our brains just need a chance to catch up.

I'm glad that it's not just me. :P  I'm determine to keep on the path and be patient. :-)  It's worth it.

• HearPeers Heroes

It is definitely worth it! I returned to playing the piano this week after decades of no piano due to my hearing loss. It is sooo worth it!

Your Wow moment!  :-)  It's wonderful you are able to return to playing the piano. Maybe the squealing and static will die down and disappear within the next couple of weeks since I am wearing it every single day.

In fact, I had a co-worker so confused and freaked out today - it was so hilarious.  You see, as I was walking down the hall, I saw him and so I started lifting the processors off my head back and forth (one side first then the other).  It freaked him out!  He said "Why is it doing that?"  He thought there was some type of string attaching the devices that went across the inside of my head (like tug-of-war). lol.  I tried showing him, but it freaked him out!  Then I told him to take and remove one of my processors from my head - he said "no" and started walking away scared.  I then took off one of my processor and showed him the magnet inside.  I then explained to him that I have a magnet inside my head on either side of my head.  I am serious I was cracking up with laughter!