Bonebridge for 6 years old boy

jadepedro

• HearPeers Heroes

So happy everything went well. Thanks for letting us know.

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations and hugs to Diego. Glad all went well. Keep us posted.

:DThanks to all for your support!

We will posting more news as we progress!

Best regards

• HearPeers Heroes

That's why we are here for - somebody stood for us before Javier ;) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again. This weekend we removed all the suture points. I was willing to upload some images to let everybody see how do they look, but I'm not able to see how to attach images as the image tool asks for a url.

In the other hand, everything is fine. Absolutely no pain. :)

Skin inflamation where the magnet receptor is placed has lowered but skin still feel somehow "bumpy". I can easily track with my fingers where the inner part it is located but Diego shows no pain when touched. Is this a permanent condition? I guess that in a child skull is easier to locate.

BTW: Wish all hearpeers merry christmas and new year!  :D

• HearPeers Heroes

Great! So glad things are going so well. Happy New Year to you as well.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi again. This weekend we removed all the suture points. I was willing to upload some images to let everybody see how do they look, but I'm not able to see how to attach images as the image tool asks for a url.

In the other hand, everything is fine. Absolutely no pain. :)

Skin inflamation where the magnet receptor is placed has lowered but skin still feel somehow "bumpy". I can easily track with my fingers where the inner part it is located but Diego shows no pain when touched. Is this a permanent condition? I guess that in a child skull is easier to locate.

BTW: Wish all hearpeers merry christmas and new year!  :D

Hello Javier,

excellent news :) 

However, it is still early - skin has to be fully relaxed without oedema at all but, you'll be able to palpate the implant. It will never vanish completely. 

Regarding your first question, it is not possible to paste a photo within your post than you have to publish it at some online website for storing photos and then copy here the link so people can see it by reading the link in a new window of the browser. :)

Only profile photos you can store within the forum. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh... And Merry X-Mas and happy New Year you and your family particularly to Diego.

He got a tremendous X-Mas gift...:)

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news and a great Christmas gift. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thanks for the info!

I've uploaded some pictures to onedrive showing bandage just after the surgery, suture points when the bandage was removed, after removing suture points and a picture with a "fake" BB I build :)

Yes, he has got a BIG xmas gift :)

After surgery

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=596069BAD2F6BD8A!45209&authkey=!AC0YEmv0H1ctaoE&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Suture points

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=596069BAD2F6BD8A!45210&authkey=!ALobq60zeqaSleU&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Suture points removed

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=596069BAD2F6BD8A!45213&authkey=!AB8Giu1hYi6TGX8&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

With fake BB

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=596069BAD2F6BD8A!45212&authkey=!AC7-GWkalE__Xoo&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks for sharing Javier! I like your two-toned BoneBridge.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes great pics!! He looks great!! Way to go Diego!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes! The black glossy one is even more stylish. :P

Symphony very soon...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Activated!

First impressions are really good. Diego first comment was "Oh, I hear really loud now". We needed to change the magnet from 3 to 2 as his skin quickly become irritated. Processor adjustment took a few rounds of programming and testing but nothing really complicated. After that he seems to be extremely happy with his BB. A good sympthom  is that he now listen to TV at a much lower level than before. We still need to experiment on noisy environments. We returned home by train and when we walked beside the engine he asked me why the train engine sounded so loud now.

We will keep informing about our findings.

Best regards to all. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Javier

That is GREAT! I know you must be very excited. Please let us know how the little guy is progressing. Thanks for letting us know. Very happy for you.

• HearPeers Heroes

Javier, that is so fantastic. You must be so excited. Keep us posted on the little guy's progress.

• HearPeers Heroes

That's wonderful! I am so happy for your son.

• HearPeers Heroes

Activated!

First impressions are really good. Diego first comment was "Oh, I hear really loud now". We needed to change the magnet from 3 to 2 as his skin quickly become irritated. Processor adjustment took a few rounds of programming and testing but nothing really complicated. After that he seems to be extremely happy with his BB. A good sympthom  is that he now listen to TV at a much lower level than before. We still need to experiment on noisy environments. We returned home by train and when we walked beside the engine he asked me why the train engine sounded so loud now.

We will keep informing about our findings.

Best regards to all. :)

Hello Javier,

everything is just ok - yes, Diego has different perception just like I did. To me, everything was a bit louder on a distance than I expected. I didn't have perception that something what is not so close can be loud - it is a sound dissipation. 

Yay! :)  Excellent news - keep informing us about Diego's progress. :) There will be more surprises for him - can he locates sound? 

• HearPeers Heroes

That's great!! What's a miracle!! Glad to hear all is working well!!

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, it has been a month since activation and this is the update:

Diego is getting used to the new way of hearing and seems to be able to distinguish better even in noisy enviroments, but still soon to say if he will need or not fm at school. He is learning to pay attention to the teacher and not to his noisy mates. When wearing BTE, the fm help him to concentrate and this is a new situation for him.

Inflamation in the implant zone has lowered a lot. I'm still able to locate the implant but now it seems reasonable. No pain when we touch the zone.

We have had to lower the magnet to number 1, because even with number two, his skin seemed irritated by the end of day. It also makes easier to drop the sambas, but I've attached them to shirt clip so no danger on dropping them to the floor. We also tried number 1 with activity clip, but seems to irritate the skin, so we will wait till his skin matures.

We (and he) are really happy with the change with the only "but" that samba processors seems to be more exposed to "accidents" than BTE (an important matter for childrens) due to location.

Batteries seem to last even more than the BTE ones. More than a full week.

Best regards to all