Bonebridge for 6 years old boy

jadepedro

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds like things are going quite well for little Diego!! This is a great journey!! Keep us posted and all the best with the next step in the journey!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello Javier again :)

There is a program for automatically speech tracking so background noise can be isolated. It works reallz fine - I use it when I am in very loud environments like restaurants etc.

Regarding the fact of sticking out, I usually think at first at BAHA then I do not think further. Place for implanting BB is scientifically proved as the best locus from the audiological perspective.

To me - batteries lasts 5 days. I have had numerous re-mappings so I can testify that I had maps where battery lasted even 14 days. :)

Hi again.

Yes, the audi told us about availability of other programs, but as we are on the first "try" we are now on the process of finding the "base" map and then will adapt. Also, we know that as we depend on Diego's feedback, fine tuning of programs will take more time than on an adult.

BTW, we've only tryed varta´s powerone for implant so far.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi again.

Yes, the audi told us about availability of other programs, but as we are on the first "try" we are now on the process of finding the "base" map and then will adapt. Also, we know that as we depend on Diego's feedback, fine tuning of programs will take more time than on an adult.

BTW, we've only tryed varta´s powerone for implant so far.

Hi again Javier,

I am not talking about fine tuning - I am talking about 5 programs which are based on one program and it is based on Diego's audiogram. The catch is that different programs just eliminate certain conditions. For instance, my basic program is so called music program but when I am in the noise surround I used program which has automatic finding of speech and it isolate speech from surround noise. This helps me to concentrate to people and not to be disturbed by other effects. Although certain effects are isolated this is still a program based on my audiogram. I am unilateral user so other programs are not so useful to me as they can be for Diego as he is bilateral user.

I can bet there is not substantial difference between batteries but I use Power One which is recommended by MedEL (I think I have read somewhere that they are produced by Varta but I am not sure) and Rayovac Implant batteries. Both producers equally last for me :)

• HearPeers Heroes

It looks like Diego is making a good start. I'm m happy for all of you. Keep us posted on his journey!

Hi all again.

Thanks to all for your support. We really appreciate  :)

About what Ivana comments: Seems I sitll don't fully understand Samba features ;)   I I'll check with the audi about the convenience for Diego on next revision and will inform all of you. One question: Switching from one program to another is done authomatically or do you handle it through the remote?

Best regards.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi all again.

Thanks to all for your support. We really appreciate  :)

About what Ivana comments: Seems I sitll don't fully understand Samba features ;)   I I'll check with the audi about the convenience for Diego on next revision and will inform all of you. One question: Switching from one program to another is done authomatically or do you handle it through the remote?

Best regards.

You handle it by remote Javier :)  You can also raise the volume but I would recommend this option only if Diego report not enough loudness. I would play with volume less but programs are welcome to shift it more than with a CI.

For instance, I mostly use one program which has automatic adjustment abilities to the certain limit than I switch myself at the other program, for instance noise program if I am in the car at the highway or at the restaurant and I want to understand you easier than I would with my program which I use when there are regular conditions around me and nothing is repressed. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Javier

You and Diego have a lot to learn. Your audiologist and surgeon know diegos hearing and medical history the best. I would consider ivanas advice but make sure you and your doctors are on the same understanding.

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

This is advice by Med-El's representative, Adam. :)

So, technically it's not mine - I am just transferring it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Agreed Ivana, but we should always trust in our doctors and Audie's. As I said before, they know our history the best

• HearPeers Heroes

Agreed Ivana, but we should always trust in our doctors and Audie's. As I said before, they know our history the best

Of course - who said otherwise?

If I have understood well Javier (I am pretty sure that I have) - nobody talked about other programs. So I add the official information that you can shuffle programs in other environment.

• HearPeers Heroes

I guess, as an BB user - I can transfer it to the other users as you transfer advices about CIs.

Nothing special different.

• 3 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Welcome back Fredrik ;) - where have you been?  :huh:  I have seen you at some FB group... The Forum now works very well - what is going with you?

Hi!

I´m ok..  forum was closed for a while, so I lost it.

And later much focus has been on youngest son  abut hearing , school  and stuff. 

He´s getting the MedEl EAS system on his left side in two weeks  from now.

We have struggled a lot with feelings about that his hearing is so bad after all, That he needs a implant to hear better. etc ,,etc

To us, a better hearing is not obvious to 100% . We can choose him to enter the deaf world also. We have some sign language to hang on to.

If you don´t have children you woulden´t know, but that how it is.

About my Amade,  the first one is in Innsbruk  for maintinence , meanwhile I have a" borrowed" reciver.

I still do "self fitting" and therefore get the most out of the reciver and because I can compare with my normal ear. So it gets as god as it can get. 

Haven´t been able to try the Samba cause to rules in the Swedish healthcare rules.  second , MedEl don´t want to let me try one neither.

/F

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi!

I´m ok..  forum was closed for a while, so I lost it.

And later much focus has been on youngest son  abut hearing , school  and stuff. 

He´s getting the MedEl EAS system on his left side in two weeks  from now.

We have struggled a lot with feelings about that his hearing is so bad after all, That he needs a implant to hear better. etc ,,etc

To us, a better hearing is not obvious to 100% . We can choose him to enter the deaf world also. We have some sign language to hang on to.

If you don´t have children you woulden´t know, but that how it is.

About my Amade,  the first one is in Innsbruk  for maintinence , meanwhile I have a" borrowed" reciver.

I still do "self fitting" and therefore get the most out of the reciver and because I can compare with my normal ear. So it gets as god as it can get. 

Haven´t been able to try the Samba cause to rules in the Swedish healthcare rules.  second , MedEl don´t want to let me try one neither.

/F

Hey Fredrik,

Can you please remind me to your son's medical history? Sorry, but all got mixed me up. I thought that he has microtia and atresia like you?  :huh:

Regarding the Samba - I have heard that some people got replacements since Samba is much much better than Amade regarding of the sound processing. 

My first Amade also was sent to Innsbruck for an evaluation because it started to squeal and nobody could get quiet it. 

When will you have opportunity to change Amade for Samba? 

Ivana!

As I said " Havn´t been able to try the Samba cause to Swedish healthcare rules. MedEl won´t let me try one neither.

Opportunity  to change  ,   Hmmm maybe when Amade is out of stock.  Then maybe.... I guess.

Of course I can always by it myself, for about 3500 euro.

But I´m not made of money, so. <_<

/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Just an information - but I don`t know details. Of course, there are others who didn`t get that chance also - Thomas from Germany got stuck with 2 Amade.

I understand... :mellow: