Why I chose Med El. Finally a candidate!

SarahDunlap

On 8/4/2022 at 6:07 PM, SarahDunlap said:

All waking hours of course! But five minutes here or there can seriously hinder progress??

Hi sarah. Occasionally like if several guests showed up, or in a car with my sister and two nieces gosh i had to quicky swipe my coil for a little relief. I cant say i removed for more than 5 minutes, but not like i had to start all over, sounds were same. If the overload was still present id reduce volume alot vs going off.

Sometimes when i switch maps i think the processor hangs on to that map too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dianna said:

Hi sarah. Occasionally like if several guests showed up, or in a car with my sister and two nieces gosh i had to quicky swipe my coil for a little relief. I cant say i removed for more than 5 minutes, but not like i had to start all over, sounds were same. If the overload was still present id reduce volume alot vs going off.

Sometimes when i switch maps i think the processor hangs on to that map too long.

Good call on reducing volume rather than taking it off. This is what I'm trying to do if I have to answer the phone or get myself in the best place possible to understand what's going on without taking it off. I have my first mapping in a week and that's when I get my Rondo 3. Maybe I will like one processor better than another. Not sure I understand what you mean about the processor hanging onto a map too long. 

I'm still a noob don't feel like you have to explain! I'll get there. 

11 minutes ago, SarahDunlap said:

Good call on reducing volume rather than taking it off. This is what I'm trying to do if I have to answer the phone or get myself in the best place possible to understand what's going on without taking it off. I have my first mapping in a week and that's when I get my Rondo 3. Maybe I will like one processor better than another. Not sure I understand what you mean about the processor hanging onto a map too long. 

I'm still a noob don't feel like you have to explain! I'll get there. 

Its ok you will understand at your next appointment for sure but like if you were on your map 3 and went to map 2 the settings take a bit to change, im still noobish tooo.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

One month since activation!! I can't even believe how far along I am already! Check out these scores!

My four week map left me untouched bc I tested so well. I'm just tickled pink with the improvement so far! I get it now, what yall say about brain fatigue. I've had that big time at work! 

2CB01546-59B0-47A8-8B9E-0666B494E087.png

• HearPeers Heroes

Congratulations @SarahDunlap!!

Life changing tech!

Wow @SarahDunlap that's looks awesome. How's the speech recognition?

My activation is in this week. Probably on Thursday or Saturday.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wishing you the best at your activation @Jimit!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, congratulations 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 10:42 PM, Jimit said:

Wow @SarahDunlap that's looks awesome. How's the speech recognition?

My activation is in this week. Probably on Thursday or Saturday.

Congrats to you when you are activated! I had a terrible activation day and first week, but obviously, doing lots better very quickly!!

Will look forward to hearing about your progress! Pun intended!😆

My word understanding is 88% without background noise!

And with background noise it was about the same as when I was aided on both ears, used to be 43% w/R&L HA, now 44% w/CI & HA. Got a lot more work to do!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SarahDunlap said:

Congrats to you when you are activated! I had a terrible activation day and first week, but obviously, doing lots better very quickly!!

Will look forward to hearing about your progress! Pun intended!😆

My word understanding is 88% without background noise!

And with background noise it was about the same as when I was aided on both ears, used to be 43% w/R&L HA, now 44% w/CI & HA. Got a lot more work to do!

You are on a roll sarah! Keep up the good work!

• HearPeers Heroes

Excellent start @Jimit!  And it will get better every day!  Enjoy your journey!

• Like 2