New aural rehab app for adults

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

This app has some cool features.  You can adjust the speed that their audiobooks are read.  You can select to have each word highlighted in the text as you listen.  You can select to speechread a video as you listen.  You can select just listening.  You can select various noise levels.

The audiobooks used in the app are very limited and the voice of the reader is the same for all books.

Free one week trial.  iPad version is released.

359ECFF2-ED46-437B-B4C8-D5FBE18D20C5.jpeg

D810AAC3-EAE7-45B5-8627-E4E536A3EC11.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Now available for iPhone and on sale at the moment.

@Carol D This app lets us train in noise and control the noise level while adding supports like highlighted text .  It will help improve listening in difficult situations.  @Joan has experience using it if you have any questions.  Definitely worth the discounted cost of a month to see if you like it in my opinion.

@Jared Charney it may be helpful to you as well.  It would show whether more rehab or a MAP tweak is needed.

52E4033C-DF02-48D2-AD27-05B595AD9F83.jpeg

It does look good, but I can use @voice on my android phone and get a similar experience for free.

• HearPeers Heroes

@pdk

The app offers much more than just speech to text for auditory training.  It offers options to set noise levels to improve speech in noise listening.  It highlights text but also offers speech reading while watching a video of the reader’s face.  It has good features for short term aural rehab.