Osia implant site pain

Eric in Tulsa

I was implanted with an Osia 2I on December 21, 2023 and activated on December 15, 2024.

All was well for the first few months, until one day in May. I noticed that the landing site for the sound processor was a little tender when I removed the processor for the night. Then about 1:00 AM, I awoke with the landing pad site and the surrounding tissue aching as if someone had whacked me upside my head. It was so uncomfortable, that I had to roll over so that side of my head didn’t touch the pillow and I had to remove my CPAP headgear. 
I tried various solutions over the next few days. Wearing the processor for shorter times, putting Lidocaine Cream on the site at bedtime, and repeat throughout the night as necessary. Apply Voltaren cream to the site and throughout the night as needed, and finally, the only thing that worked so I could sleep was an OxyContin. 
On my visit with the surgeon, he talked about a few options. 1) Apply the voltaren cream and monitor to see if the pain resolves. 2) remove the sensor, replace it with  a new one and reposition it to a flatter spot on my BBhead. 3) Apply a nerve block to the bill site. 
I’m not thrilled with any of the options, but if I have to pick one, the nerve block seems like the best option. My follow up appointment is in October. I hope to know more then. 

if anyone has already been through this already, b bI would be very appreciative to hear what you ended up with.