Cracks on Rondo 3

Evren

Cracks on Rondo 3  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any cracks on your Rondo 3? Not the cover, just actual processor body. You have to look very closely as they might be hard to notice or even look like a stratch.

• Yes, I notice some soft cracks
    • I notice some serious cracks on my Rondo 3 body!
    • I don't notice any cracks at all

The first pic is a fresh out of the box Rondo 3, apparentely shipped with a crack on it's body. Luckily my local Med-El team changed it immediately.

Second pic is my older Rondo 3, and I have no idea when or how that crack happened because it's so hard to notice by naked eye. 

If you have any similar problems, please post them.

01.jpeg

02.jpeg

Going with Option 4.  No cracks in R3.  If this is fresh out of the box, and they exchanged it then unsure the issue.  All tech can have physical problems during shipping, not exclusive to this.  Had MedEl not exchanged it then that’s another matter.  Is your new R3 in good conditions?

18 minutes ago, John F said:

Going with Option 4.  No cracks in R3.  If this is fresh out of the box, and they exchanged it then unsure the issue.  All tech can have physical problems during shipping, not exclusive to this.  Had MedEl not exchanged it then that’s another matter.  Is your new R3 in good conditions?

My new R3 is in good condition and was replaced. Older one developed a tiny crack as seen on the 2nd pic, and it looks similar to the fresh R3 crack. I used R2 for 5 years and didn't notice any issues.

36 minutes ago, John F said:

All tech can have physical problems during shipping, not exclusive to this

No tech should have such problems. Especially not our extremely expensive medical devices. The company have to push more through QC to ensure a secured shipment and a sturdy processor.

4 hours ago, Evren said:

No tech should have such problems. Especially not our extremely expensive medical devices. The company have to push more through QC to ensure a secured shipment and a sturdy processor.

It just happens.  Could’ve been during shipping, or production, etc… Glad they replaced it.

Hi,

I had a crack too. The crack was big enough to show the light when I started Rondo3. I have mine replaced. I am wondering how that can happen since the Rondo3 shell looked very hard and strong. I never dropped it ... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got the same crack after 1 month of use. Got changed under warranty.

Didn't got an response of what caused that.