Battery life in Bluetooth

Paul1968

Im looking to upgrade my Rondo2 to the Rondo 3

but need to know how long does battery life is when using Bluetooth for 8+ hours at work..

Rondo2 in Tcoil with artone 3 as a tcoil feed back and is mentally draining to listen to that 8+ hours..

• Members

I have the Audiostream connected to my Rondo 3 all the time.  The only day that I might have been streaming with it for 8 hours might be when traveling.  I haven't noticed any significant impact on my battery life. 

In general, my battery life is still around 18 or 19 hours while streaming 1-3 hours a day.  

Battery life can vary tremendously by user though based on factors like skin thickness, map, program, and streaming. 

All in all, I'm still very happy with my Rondo 3 & Audiostream combination. 

Thank you for the response...right now I have Rondo 2 and my job is to be in tcoil/speaker 8 hrs a day to answer phones and face to face talks with with clients.. thats the reason I'm asking about the Bluetooth and the impact on battery life..  I know the there is high drain when using Bluetooth and hearing aids thats why I'm asking

I use my Rondo 3s for streaming almost exclusively nowadays while Sonnet 2s for regular.  I don’t have time or energy for a full 8 hours of continuous streaming, I do wear them about 3-4 hours a day before they begin beeping to be recharged.  I’d say over 5-6 days, total streaming I do is probably around 16-18 hours then I charge them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Today was the first day that my Rondo 3 battery got drained.  I just had a really long day of travel with my Rondo 3 + Audiostream and finally got the battery used up.  17 hours of use with about 6-7 hours of BT streaming.  Most of the time was spent in a 0/100 mix ratio so it wasn't using the microphones at all or any "clever" signal processing for adaptive intelligence. 

Just thought that I would add this data point of experience.  I've been very happy with the battery life. 

I did notice that I had a lot of connectivity problems in the Las Vegas airport but not in the other airports.  The BT Audiostream would sometimes cut out and switch over to my Sony Headphones.  In some areas of the terminal it would happen about every 2 minutes. In other parts of the airport and on the airplane it was very stable and reliable.  Perhaps it was interference from a very dense concentration of passengers or perhaps the racks of gaming machines that they choose to prioritize over seating or a quality dining options.

Tim