Accessibility Programs for SSD

Ely

Hi Everyone,

I thought it might be helpful to start a thread for accessibility and other programs we have access to as part of the SSD community. My thought is that it might be helpful to have a single source list of these sorts of programs, since they often don't specifically cater to SSD, and many people may not realize that we have access to them. The below are a few programs I was recently made aware of (through word of mouth from different people who have applied in the past) that I thought I would share. I will caveat though I have not yet applied to any of them, so if you have definitely let us know how it went! They all require some form of documentation:

America the Beautiful - National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Access PassAccess Pass | USGS Store

• A free, lifetime pass - available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States that have been medically determined to have a permanent disability (does not have to be a 100% disability) that provides admittance to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by six Federal agencies.

EPIC Adaptive Pass (Ski pass from Vail Resorts): Adaptive Passes | Epic Season Pass (epicpass.com)

• Adaptive Passes are season-long passes that offer access to our resorts at a discounted rate for Pass Holders with permanent disabilities. Vail Resorts qualifies a permanent disability as a permanent physical, mental, or sensory impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, such as caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, or working.

TDF Accessibility Programs (Broadway, Off Broadway and regional theatre)TDF Accessibility Programs | Accessibility Services | TDF - Theatre Development Fund

• TDF Accessibility Programs provides a membership service for theatregoers who are hard of hearing or deaf, have low vision or are blind, who cannot climb stairs or who require aisle seating or wheelchair locations. We obtain seating according to need. There is no annual fee, but you must provide proof of eligibility.

Please feel free to share any additional programs you are aware of, or any additional information on the above programs!