Many more options for streaming with Sonnet 3 and AudioLink XT

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Ever since Med-El announced the new Sonnet 3 and AudioLink XT I have eagerly been learning about them and thinking about how there will be much improved streaming opportunities for us.  I will be moving from Sonnet 1 (one of my original processors) to Sonnet 3 when Sonnet 3 receives FDA approval and is available in the US.

Here is how I understand streaming options/connectivity with Sonnet 3.

* streams all audio from iPhone/iPad & android/tablet in stereo directly to Sonnet 3 which allows us to simultaneously use the MAX rechargeable battery if desired.  Will require speaking into the phone so others hear us.

* streams all audio from compatible smart TVs in stereo directly to Sonnet 3.  Depending on the TV this may allow sound through the speakers at the same time for family members under the accessibility menu (many TVs list this under accessibility and not under sound/audio)

* streaming from all other devices including other types of TVs, speaker systems plus telecoil loops and systems like Roger with three prong receivers can be done in stereo from the AudioLink XT to Sonnet 3.  AudioLink XT will require being cabled to TVs, speaker systems.  AudioLink XT can also be used as a remote mic.

*mixing ratios for phone call as well as streamed audio can be customized in the fitting software by our audiologists which gives us the option to have more than one mix ratio available on the Sonnet 3 simultaneously.  User control of mixing ratios is planned for an app.  My beloved streamed audio only option is available on Sonnet 3.

For me as a bilateral CI user, who streams audiobooks & music daily and who loves having both a 50/50 mix ratio and a streamed audio only (100/0) option available and who prefers very long battery life, I am thrilled.

As a Teacher of the Deaf, I love the AudioLink XT FM adapter for Roger receivers for Rondo 3 users.  (Sonnet/Sonnet2/Sonnet3 users already have a Roger receiver option called the Roger 21 receiver which is a special battery cover that works with standard rechargeable batteries or disposable batteries.)

As a CI user who helps support other CI users. I love how Sonnet 3 through the AudioLink XT can stream to BOTH a Sonnet 3 and a ASHA hearing aid simultaneously.  And am thankful that this is also possible with Sonnet/Sonnet2/Rondo3 with their AudioStream and AudioStream adapters.  I also love how AudioLink XT provides access to telecoil for Rondo 3 users with the AudioStream adapter.  It’s a much improved telecoil access for Rondo 3.

The most difficult part of this for me will be the wait.  Smile.

Meanwhile I look forward to reading the experiences of others with Sonnet 3 and AudioLink XT.