CI Get Get Together in Portland, Oregon

Tim

• Members

I posted a message about this in the Hearpeers "North America" club but few people are members of that club. 

I've been pretty active in Hearpeers and some open source projects like hearing practice apps and the Rondo charging cradle.  I've also given talks about my hearing journey but have missed opportunities to engage with people in-person.  We've got some great people in the Portland area doing CI work related work and I would love to have a chance to get people together to share.

The result is that I decided to put together a little event for people interested in CI related matters.  It will be on the Portland State University campus on Saturday, November 9th. 

Currently confirmed participants include a past President of the American Speech and Hearing Association, a CI-wearing Audiology research faculty member, a professor that teaches audiology, and a Hearpeers member coming from out of state.

I'm hoping to get local CI users, families of children with CIs, audiology students, and students working on audiology related projects.

Goals:

• Provide an opportunity for local CI users to socialize
  • Enable students to meet and interact with CI users in order to help build better apps
  • Plant seeds for future research

This event is an organic one and not currently sponsored by any CI company or clinic. 

We will have some light snacks and drinks.  There are also about two dozen food carts across the street for people to get whatever they want for lunch.

This form has more information and can be used to RSVP.  Space is limited - the current venue has a capacity of about 40 so reserve your spot if you would like to join in.  If you are are wanting to come to visit Oregon, we have no sales tax and convenient train from the airport. 

Should be fun! 

• Members

@Lauren  I'm pretty excited about this too. I'll bring in my collection of Rondeo charging cradles. I ended up printing a lot of them as we kept tweaking the design.  We might have some optional tours of engineering labs, including where we did the 3D printing.