Bumper Strip for Rondo 3

Mike Austin

I'm not a fan of the tethers for my Rondo 3, and tend to like going "freestyle".  Makes it easier to take on and off when I need to, and my magnet holds it on 99.9% of the time.  Only time I find it ever getting bumped off is if I brush it as I get into the car or something similar.

Decided that if its good enough to have a protective case for my phone, its probably worth having one for my Rondo, so I designed and printed (in TPU - its the most flexible and "rubbery" of all the 3D printing filaments) a protective bumper strip.

Not too concerned if the cover gets scuffed, as I replace those regularly, but this should help keep my Rondo safe on the off chance it goes for a tumble.  Might even make it bounce 😉

I've got some "glow in the dark" TPU filament that might make a perfect Halloween version 🙂

Bumper 3.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

Bumper 1.jpg

• Like 2

• Members

Neat design.  Like the design of using a material that might have absorb some impact.

I've worn a retention clip for a long time but my clothes clip broke and I haven't gotten around to replacing it.  My Rondo 3 has stayed on a lot better than I thought it would but one time it fell and my audiostream went skittering off of it.  I'm not sure that the Audiostream stays on as tight now and is potentially much harder to find if they do get separated.  Maybe I'll go back to clothes clips soon.

Great to see everyone's variations on problem solving for our devices!

On 10/10/2024 at 6:43 PM, Mike Austin said:

I'm not a fan of the tethers for my Rondo 3, and tend to like going "freestyle".  Makes it easier to take on and off when I need to, and my magnet holds it on 99.9% of the time.  Only time I find it ever getting bumped off is if I brush it as I get into the car or something similar.

Decided that if its good enough to have a protective case for my phone, its probably worth having one for my Rondo, so I designed and printed (in TPU - its the most flexible and "rubbery" of all the 3D printing filaments) a protective bumper strip.

Not too concerned if the cover gets scuffed, as I replace those regularly, but this should help keep my Rondo safe on the off chance it goes for a tumble.  Might even make it bounce 😉

I've got some "glow in the dark" TPU filament that might make a perfect Halloween version 🙂

Bumper 3.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

Bumper 1.jpg

Not ready to start 3D printing yet. I did find a similar product on Esty - Med EL Rondo 3 Slip Cover from CISlip Covers for $17.49 including shipping.

I am thinking about making a beaded tether with a hair clip but have not decided if stretchy bracelet string or regular beading wire would work better.