Audiokey 3 (AK3) Announced

Tim

• Members

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/remote-controls/audiokey3

A couple of interesting things from the Technical Data pull down.

Apparently all Rondo 3's but no Rondo 1 or 2 processors are supported.

Some Sonnet 2's are supported directly.  You can check your serial number if you are unsure which Sonnet 2 you have.  (My Sonnet 2 is an Me1520 and is supported. This is likely the case for most recent devices in the US.)

I tried searching for the Audiokey 3 app in the Android Play store but couldn't find it.  Searched on all apps published by Med-El and it only lists these 4: Audiokey 2, ReDI, Audio2Ear, SAMBA 2 Remote. 

Looking forward to seeing what AK3  looks like and the new features included.

image.png.2c7fc26c8d868acf3998a9ff62306b6b.png

A first glance at the limited screen captures and the info here is that it seems to show a battery status on the Sonnet in the "Listening Settings" screen but not the Rondo.  Presumably the Rondo still requires tapping on the processor to go to Connected devices to see the battery status. 

image.png.e0d85ac6830740c3a60a2927856da352.png

Guardian mode seems to be new and likely useful for parents and in certain other use cases. 

image.png.818fa9b1bcadc149e7e9cacf55e020c2.png

I thought the  "Send Feedback" function was new but I see it on AK2.  Seems like they adjusted some of the screen for selecting "user" given the guardian functionality.

Presumably there will be more added such as some microphone/mix control.  

They mention being able to adjust which controls are visible.  That seems helpful.  For example, I generally never adjust sensitivity.  No need for it to get high billing and consume precious screen space in the "Listening Settings" window.

• Members

I would really like a feature that when the power turns on, it automatically gets set to a definable default program (say program slot 1?)   I sometimes go a few hours into the day and realize that I was in an unintended program leftover from the night before such as Direct Audio Input or otherwise. 

This might be more of a processor feature than an Audiokey feature but it would be very helpful for me. 

I’d wish when you open the app, it detects which processors are on and automatically shows the program settings for that instead of how it currently works where you have to wait, doesn’t load the processors not on and then need to change profiles to get to the correct ones.

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, John F said:

I’d wish when you open the app, it detects which processors are on and automatically shows the program settings for that instead of how it currently works where you have to wait, doesn’t load the processors not on and then need to change profiles to get to the correct ones.

Great point  - I strongly agree with this.  When I was switching between my Sonnet and Rondo on a very frequent basis, this was a real pain.  I forgot about this friction aspect as I've moved almost entirely to using my Rondo 3 after Rondo's Audiostream adapter came out.