TV clarity question

Carol D

I use a Rondo 3 and a hearing aid. Since listening to TV as is does not work, I use a streamer into the hearing aid to listen to TV.  Do any of you do the same, or do you have enough understanding to just listen without any assistance? My husband thinks that I should be able to understand without using anything,  What say you?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carol D

Everyone is different.  I listen to TV without any streaming devices.  That works well for me.

If you are comfortable with your TV listening set up, stick with it.

@Carol DI feel for you. I have the same set up as you: Rondo 3 & Hearing Aid. I do not stream but I do use sub-titles which I find very helpful. I would like to stream to my Rondo but Audiolink does not accept digital input so I cannot connect the base to my TV box. I could stream to my Hearing aid by setting up the Resound TV link again, (it is what I did when I had two Hearing Aids)  but prefer not to do so as I'm more interested in training my brain to accept the CI signals.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Andrew42

some people just set the AudioLink near the TV speakers and use it as a remote mic to deliver the TV audio.  In case you want to try that.  No hook ups required.  Just set it in its dock because it performs better on the vertical orientation.

Our TVs are both either surround sound or hooked up to auxiliary speakers, so streaming as Mary Beth suggested would not work, as there is no single source for the sound. However, I think what Andrew mentioned about trying to train the brain with just the CI makes sense. Closed Captions are too annoying for the hubby, so I will try listening with the CI. Interestingly, the last hearing test results showed I performed better with just the CI than with Ci and HA for the first time, so maybe that is telling.......Thank you, this is great to get input!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Carol D

That happened to me too.  The hearing aid became a burden after my CI hearing improved.  So I stopped wearing it and we implanted my second side. Listening with 2 balanced CIs has been amazing!

Hiya, i have 2 tvs i watch. One private where i have audio link wired to tv (analog plug in back) the other is in our living area and has a surround sound speaker. I have used audiolink here also just like mary beth said. Its ok but with the AI when folks talk in the room i have issues.  Im still in traini g tho!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

In my experience it is very difficult to stream TV audio and still maintain good audio for chatting with people in the room.  It works best for me when I use a streaming option that lets me mute the streamed audio easily.  Like the Artone neckloop that lets us mute and unmute just by clicking the center button.  Since it is around our neck access to the mute button is very easy.

Boy i know it. Our house group is 2 women 2 men. The other woman, my sister, wears hearing aids, and stubborn about wearing them, the tv volume is all over the map depending on her hearing of the day.  Both men have phenominal hearing, one has a voice im not hearing well yet, the other i can hear and understand well.

Ok, now toss in the darn commercial volume and im madly grabbing volume control or sometimes even take off magnet quickly.

I dont stream in this room.

I can converse ok with the group, sonnet2 only no streaming, but we cant have tv on. Its all just my sonnet2.

And then my own voice!!!!

Sometimes i go outside and listen to the wild bird band!

Since our brains are still learning, its difficult, but sometimes just have to sit back and let the sound come in until we like it. Sometimes we dont like it at first, but then it all of a sudden its there! We like it!

• HearPeers Heroes

@diana

TV volume levels are crazy.  They change between channels and sometimes between shows on the same channel.  Some TVs have audio setting options that help even out the crazy loud commercials in settings.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:11 AM, Mary Beth said:

@Andrew42

some people just set the AudioLink near the TV speakers and use it as a remote mic to deliver the TV audio.  In case you want to try that.  No hook ups required.  Just set it in its dock because it performs better on the vertical orientation.

This is what i use occasionally, but lately my sonnet2 hearing on its own has been satisfactory.

Thanks to laurel, i found a plug on the back of tv away from all the colored plugs, have audio link stand cabled to the tv, and stream that tv. I can hear it in other parts of the house!! My audio link stand is always there charging unless i take it out for use.  I have tv speakers off for now until i get ha for unimplanted ear. The only problems i have is some fuzziness when all the house tvs are on, i an guessing its the house internet.