Funny questions

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey everybody

For those of you that have CI's, have any of you received some funny questions about your processor?

People have asked me if it is a new Bluetooth, new phone, some type of iPod to listen to music. I have even been asked if I am Security and they are a 2way radio. Never dull.

• HearPeers Heroes

No not yet. People will say wow that big how can you wear something like that?

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow - if it is now big, what would they say for a back model ancient time ago?  :huh:

• HearPeers Heroes

People are never satisfied enough ... Their problem...  ^_^

• HearPeers Heroes

Exactly!! A materialistic society.

• HearPeers Heroes

Funny thing is, Medel I believe has one of the smallest processors. I would need to check that. I know in the top two. One of the companies has a larger processor and coil for sure.

Of a

Course all are super small compared to the body worn processors back in the day

• HearPeers Heroes

Funny thing is, Medel I believe has one of the smallest processors. I would need to check that. I know in the top two. One of the companies has a larger processor and coil for sure.

Of a

Course all are super small compared to the body worn processors back in the day

Type which I have mentioned before?  ;)   Actually children had body worn processors longest...

• HearPeers Heroes

Children were implanted for the most part first in the beginning as they felt an adult deaf person could not develope speech. They went with, the earlier the person is implanted, the greater chance of development of speech. Because of this, as active as kids are the body worn processors were worn.

Also the the speech processors were MUCH larger in the beginning so adults had to deal with this as well.