The need to telecoil

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Telecoil has benefits that BT does not offer in public places accessing audio by many users at once.  We need solid, reliable, easy to use telecoil for all our processors in my opinion.  (For bimodal users, ask to have telecoil turned on in your hearing aids as well.)

https://betterhearing.org/newsroom/blogs/hearing-aids-t-coils-and-hearing-loops-in-2022/?fbclid=IwAR2yGRvLa4e_EFa6RsynCaJ8tcmJDVfCe65TxpsWMAOureibXz0tISr2Xd4

3 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Telecoil has benefits that BT does not offer in public places accessing audio by many users at once.  We need solid, reliable, easy to use telecoil for all our processors in my opinion.  (For bimodal users, ask to have telecoil turned on in your hearing aids as well.)

https://betterhearing.org/newsroom/blogs/hearing-aids-t-coils-and-hearing-loops-in-2022/?fbclid=IwAR2yGRvLa4e_EFa6RsynCaJ8tcmJDVfCe65TxpsWMAOureibXz0tISr2Xd4

Thanks for bringing telecoils back for discussion. For bimodal folks, T-coils in both the CI and the HA are very important. Just for reference, the Costco Resound Preza aids do not have T-coils. Why, I don't know. The very similar non-Costco Resound aids have T-coils. I'm stuck with 2 near new aids that are not ideal for bimodal use. Very frustrating to say the least. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Bill C

The situation with telecoils on hearing aids is very frustrating as many models have the OPTION for telecoil but if the consumer doesn’t know to ask, many audiologists just ignore it.

We need Med-El to keep easy and reliable telecoil options available for all future processors.

Agreed. I was very unhappy when I realized the Costco aids were deficient for my use. No one told me. As you point out, "We need Med-El to keep easy and reliable telecoil options available for all future processors."