Implants and music

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Very interesting - additional aspect is music professor who speaks a very good English, better than average good hearing person.  

I have shared it further to my local FB group of cochlear implants....:)

• HearPeers Heroes

Did you see this on the group Adan? That's where I got the last one too!!

• HearPeers Heroes

No I looked on YouTube. If I had to guess, she is from Irish or Scottish decent based on her accent

• HearPeers Heroes

You mean, it's her martied surname? I thought because of her name - Johana.

• HearPeers Heroes

I wasn't basing it on her name, I was reffering to her accent. Definitely sounded either Irish, Scottish or Austrian

• HearPeers Heroes

She has a German accent. It could be Austrian as well. In Austria we speak generally high German which is without the dialects. But there are many dialects as well. Which is a variant in the sounds or ways a word is pronounced. For example in Austria where my father was from we say Viene instead of wiene for wine. It's a little hard to explain and has been a while for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

It sounded German but was. Title different. Thought she might be Austrian after listening to it again.

• HearPeers Heroes

It turns out she is from Remstadt Germany

:)

• HearPeers Heroes

Johana is a German name actually.

That's why I supposed she is German/Austrian - when she speaks she has from time to time that heavy German accent which I am familiar of. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

She has a German accent. It could be Austrian as well. In Austria we speak generally high German which is without the dialects. But there are many dialects as well. Which is a variant in the sounds or ways a word is pronounced. For example in Austria where my father was from we say Viene instead of wiene for wine. It's a little hard to explain and has been a while for me.

Yes, it really has to be heard, but when I drive close to the border in Austria or Germany I can almost imidiately say whether the station is Getman or Austrian. Just like you said - it's hard to explain.

It reminds me to Prof. Ingeborg Hochmair - I would vote for an Austrian heritae. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

It sounded German but was. Title different. Thought she might be Austrian after listening to it again.

If I would ever bet, I would place it on this option. :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Her profile says she is from Germany, currently living in NC U. S. Working for MEDEL U.S.A

• HearPeers Heroes

Excellent - we have resolved this puzzle...;)