For those of you that don't know

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

just a proposition, if you can put the main info into the Title field so this topic would not be buried into lot's of other topics...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, My grandson almost one year old is scheduled for CI in a month's time.  Would you have a forum where folks like us can start the process of teaching him language?  Appreciate your patience and time while we learn.

Thanks, T.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello tttt,

Welcome. It's great that your grandson will soon get a cochlear implant. That's very exciting. I see you are in the US. I am assuming that your grandson is already hooked up with early intervention services. Hopefully his early intervention team has experience with young CI users. If not, you may want to ask his CI center to give you names of therapists who work with young children and their families in your area.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. I wish the best for your grandson.

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to Hearpeers, ttt. As Mary Beth has already said, ask any questions, we are here to help. There is also an icon at the top left hand side of this page called View New Content and if you click on the icon to the right of it there are a number of topics you can bring up. I wish your grandson all the best. Please keep us informed.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hello and welcome to Hearpeers!! There is lots of,forums available here with rehabilitation information. Also on the med el international website there is lots of training information for kids. I agree with Mary Beth and Sandy check with the surgeon/ CI. centre they will have all the tools there for you.

medel.com.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome ttt

As Marybeth stated, the early interventionist at school will. Help a great deal. They offer a number of programs that are free to you. My son went through this as he was very late in developing speech.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Adam for sharing the Pinterest of Med-el. I had no idea and now I'm following! :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes thanks Adam. I didn't know they were on Pinterest.

Hi, My grandson almost one year old is scheduled for CI in a month's time.  Would you have a forum where folks like us can start the process of teaching him language?  Appreciate your patience and time while we learn.

Thanks, T.

Hi T.! Welcome to HearPeers! I'm sure this is a really exciting time for you and your grandson, and there are lots of different ways that you can help him build language skills. One place I'd recommend going is the MED-EL blog, where we've got over a hundred different articles that have hands-on information about building language skills.

Here are two ones we've recently posted, which I think would help you out in the next month:

And you can check out all the articles here: http://www.medel.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/

Otherwise, just ask a question here and I know you'll get lots of great answers!

• Like 1